6-Belvina

Listen to Night Changes by One Direction

BELVINA| SIX

I drove the next day to school even though I knew the risk involved with driving without a license. Zyon had convinced Grey to skip school with him, so I didn't have a ride. I get so paranoid every time I do this, not that I do it often. I exhaled in relief when I got to school without being arrested. I parked my car and left for my first class.

I was currently taking a prerequisite class while also taking two nursing courses, it was overwhelming but the prerequisite class was easy-A and most of the lectures were online.

I took the seat next to Janiya who always saved me a seat. She was kind of the only friend I had at school because I hardly interact with my coursemates.

"I love this top, where did you get it?" Janiya whispered to me with a soft smile. I was a sucker for her sweet compliments on everything I wear. Her long hair was pulled up in a ponytail with the edges neatly laid, she always looked like a goddess.

"Thanks, got it from Zara. It was on sale," I whispered. Our professor walked in with a sheepish grin apologizing for being late.

The moment the professor dismissed the class, I rushed to the library to borrow a book that was required to do my homework. I walked out of the school, searching my bag for my car keys. Chloe and I have to tour an apartment today and I was running behind. We had seen four apartments so far but we always found something wrong with each place.

I picked up Chloe from the hotel. It was a fifteen minutes drive. It was a decent apartment with two bedrooms, the living room was larger than I expected, and the dining was connected to the kitchen. The balcony was my favorite, it had a view of the deep green park, the stores across the street, and the large neighborhood swimming pool. At least I can gawk at hot guys from here while sipping a homemade pina colada. This was the one and Chloe seemed to like it too.

We came to an agreement to rent the apartment and split the payment. We wasted no time, we did all the paperwork and signed the lease. I was excited, I had been waiting for this day since my mom walked in on me doing squats and thought I was twerking. Chloe, on the other hand, didn't look half excited as I was. She has barely said a word since we left the leasing office.

"Are you okay?" I asked poking her in a playful manner, she surprised me when she flinched like I scared the shit out of her.

"Yeah," she said, faking a smile.

"Let's go to Hollywood!" I declared, maybe it will make her feel better and get her mind off whatever was bothering her.

"Are you crazy? It's getting dark," she said, giving me that look I give people when they tell me Chinese was an easy language to learn.

"It will be more fun at night," I said facing her. She kept her eyes on the road, contemplating.

"No, I'm tired."