From a Demon to an Angel

" Even if heaven forbids me from ever winning your heart," said the hooded demon to the glimmering angel, "there is always still something I can do."

The demon fought the urge to cry. The angel was pained, for she could never return the demon's feelings.

" If we both die without lovers," the demon continued, " I'll be sure to be yours at the end of this life or the next. I'd be willing to climb a mountain if you want me to proclaim my love for you from the top so the angels, the mortals, and even God can hear, as long as it means that you realize all this care is for you. That all these sentences and paragraphs, I only wrote for you and you alone."

The angel turned her back, divine white wings covering her back. The demon still continued in a crestfallen voice. He knows that this is all an illusion. A dream that he made for his selfish needs. The angel is no more than a vision in his thoughts.

The demon woke up from his dream, his eyes met the radiant glow of the sunset sky. His body tired from the bloodshed, his eyes tired from crying each passing night, his heart tired from constant rejection.

He raised his hand and raised the glowing stars with his bloody finger.

" I hope that one day I can throw away my cowardice and say all this to you, words that come from the depths of my darkened heart, " the demon continued, his voice hoarse with tears streaming down his bloodied cheek, " just to show you how one creature can care about another who was nothing more than a stranger, an enemy. Now, you have turned into someone I would absolutely die for. "

The demon closed his eyes, feeling the wind kiss his cranked lips, the stars staring down at him in pity, and the warmth of the sun accompanying him to a quiet oblivion.

Thank you for the friend that let me use your letters for the dialogue, it's really beautiful. I hope you find the love that you deserve.