chapter 15

"When I said 'lunch' I meant actual lunch." Khun sighed, placing down a stack of different flavored bread on the table. "Oh, this is fine." I said, picking up a f/f one from the pile. "unless you want to go somewhere fancier. But of course, it's too late for that." I happily bite into the bread. "Oh, I hope you're okay with eating only this for lunch." I suddenly felt conscious. Not everyone has my type of appetite after all. what if I made him uncomfortable instead?!

"I knew you'd pull something like this. I had lunch by myself before coming to you," he answered honestly. what a prick. I hummed. "You didn't really have to pay for these though..."

"I wanted to repay you."

his sudden confession caught me off guard. "huh?"

"you were asking why I was so insistent on having lunch with you." He played around with the bread in front of him. " I wanted to repay you for that time back when I was sick." I sighed, "it wasn't a big deal..."

"Sorry- if I was being too pushy." he looked like he just swallowed his pride just to say sorry. "And-" he continued before I could interject. he's now fully faced towards me. his eyes seemed more kind than before. "I wanted to get to know you better."

I choked. "what?" he can't honestly be serious. a whole semester of hating each other. ignoring each other. and then suddenly- this?! "you can't be serious."

"I am," he answered quickly. He does sound sure of his own words...

"just because I helped you when you were s-sick... or..."

"I changed my mind about you, that's all."

he sounded sincere with his words... but... why is this so sudden? Is he playing some kind of trick? he did just kind of got Rachel to go after me. She hasn't bothered me in a while-which is kind of worrisome.

"you look unsure. why is that?"

"I don't know if I can trust you." I blurted out. "understandable." Khun sighed, "but can we at least try to get along?"

I stopped for a moment. I guess I can try. It's not like he has done something terribly awful towards me that makes me have to hate him constantly - so I nodded.

"Okay."

"okay?"

"uhuh."

Khun darted his eyes away, "I wasn't really expecting that answer," he mumbled, "But I'm glad." the blue-haired man gently smiled at me.

~~~***~~~

The exam week went uneventful. No Rachel to annoy me, no Isu asking for my money, no Endorsi forcing me to go to the beach.

And now that we have the holidays, it felt quite lonely - although we have a few days of classes left.

But also, after that day Khun told me he wanted to get to know me better, he hasn't said anything to me. Despite being in the same class for almost all of them, we did say hellos whenever we passed each other but... Still...

And now it's just the last few days of classes. After this is a whole two months until my second year.

I sighed, thinking about the workload I'm about to put myself in during the holiday. Part-time jobs mean money. And that's what I currently need to pay rent, and also college - which I hopefully won't have to pay for.

"Y/n, hi." Khun greeted me as he stopped beside my table. "Hmm?" I lazily looked at him, "oh. Hi."

I expected him to carry on. His friends were down in the first aisle after all. But instead, I hear scraping noises beside me.

"What are you doing!?" I whisper-yelled at him. "Sitting next to you. I thought it was obvious." Khun answered, a cheeky grin on his face. 

I looked around the classroom. no one else noticed how Khun had just sat beside me, smiling like an idiot - well, except Boro, Sachi, and Luke who had sat behind us - who weirdly was not with the rest. "you- you're doing this on purpose, aren't you?" I pointed at him accusingly. Khun raised his hands in a surrender motion - a devilish smile was plastered on his face.

"Woah, did you two make up?" Boro smacked my shoulders. I grabbed the spot in pain, gritting my teeth. "it's none of your business." 

"yes, we did," Khun smirked at him. that smirk, it hides a lot of dark secrets. I just know it. 

~~~***~~~

the sky was dark outside as I walked home. It was past 6 pm at this point. The area I live in isn't exactly safe - nor was there much light in the area. as a matter of fact, you can barely see anything without the light cast by some of the residents' porch.

I felt unusually anxious as I walked through the alleyway - looking left and right for no reason. 

"y/n!"

"kyahaaah!!" I shrieked, feeling a hand grab my shoulders. I turned around quickly.

"oh, did I scare you?" Luke asked - a genuinely worried look etched on his face. I clutched my chest that's currently beating painfully. "no shit Sherlock!" 

He flinched, not expecting me to suddenly snap at him. then again, what did he expect me to react like?

I raised a brow at him, "why are you here?" the question didn't sound as rude as I meant it to be. "My friend lives here. I happened to see you pass and wanted to say hi." he looked grinned brightly. "Oh, how about I treat you to dinner? You'll love it. Let's get meat!" 

Luke forcefully grabbed me by the waist, dragging me out the alleyway. "w-wait-"

"I heard there's been an underwear thief around this area." despite my struggling to get his grip off, he was definitely stronger than me. "I'll walk you home from now on, so you don't have to worry!" 

there has been whispers from my neighbors about a pervert. apparently he has assaulted a 20-year-old something lady that lived alone just a few blocks away from my apartment. 

the end of the alleyway came to view. Luke had been dragging me - who is unwilling to go - this far. 

"hey! Let go of her." at the end of the alleyway, Hatz appeared, crossing his arm. "She didn't give you consent to be touching her like that either."

knowing he won't win against the amazing swordsman, he let's go of me, apologizing - to Hatz, mind you. and not me - and ran away. 

I sighed a breath of relief, looking up at Hatz. "thank you..."

He coughed into his fist, looking away. the darkness cast a shadow on his face, making his expression unclear. "it's no problem. Let me take you home?"

I nodded gratefully, letting him walk beside me as we - again - descend further into the ally.

¸.*☪*.¸¸.*☆*.¸¸.*☪*¸.*☆*.¸.¸¸.*☪*.¸

Didn't think I would need to promote this, but Imbroglio was published a few days ago. Take your time to check it out in my page please.

Oh btw this probs gonna be the last chapter until I can update again next week. I kinda have to get my study materials in order because online exams + teacher in a vidcall = not being able to cheat in exams.

I'm also trying to grind that freaking UR+ card in obey me because Luci be vibing in that bunny outfit. My unlucky ass isn't going to be able to get it if I slack off so I'll need to put it in my main priority. (Waiting for that Satchan UR+ card where is it devs)

Kinda wanted to skip on this event so I can save up for Satchan, but my Lucifer Stan ass isn't having any of it. (I'm also broke so like 💀)

(Also people on Twitter are getting like the Mammon and Luci UR+ cards AND Beelzebub's SSR card in like a row WITH THE SOLO YOLO WAY LIKE WTF IS THAT KIND OF LUCK???)

Anyw, yeah. Enjoy this one while it lasts 💀

I'm also trying to gather some law related legal/illegal materials for the next topic on imbroglio so that's gonna keep me awake at night lol.