V | Strings Being Tangled

Jennie was fixing her appearance as Lalisa, from whom she bugged to invite, was boredly staring at her as she did some finishing touches on her makeup.

"Why am I here again?" Lalisa spat out, petting the feline she has brought today - which was Luca.

Luca purred satisfyingly, nudging his nose onto Lalisa's finger approvingly.

"To enlighten me?" Jennie shrugged. "Are you sure that you know nothing about the the child of Aunt Nyx and Uncle Erebus?"

Lalisa tapped her finger onto her bottom lip, seemingly thinking, "Hmm . . ." she paused and looked at Jennie. "No," Lalisa muttered in a uninterested tone.

Jennie groaned, continuing to fix her appearance.

"But, I may know a god who does. He's quite smart, maybe he knows that child you speak of," Lalisa shrugged.

"Who's that god you're pertaining to?" Jennie asked.

Lalisa signalled Jennie to wait, winking at her as she whispered something to Luca. "Now, go, Luca. Deliver that message."

Luca then hopped off of Lalisa's lap and sped off. Lalisa glanced at Jennie's wall clock. "What--" Jennie's sentence was cut off when Lalisa rose her hand, her palm facing Jennie, indicating that she should wait.

"He should be here in 5, 4, 3, 2 . . ."

Ding dong!

Luca then came in the room, purring as she nudged her head onto Lalisa's feet. Jennie's forehead creased, confusingly looking at the younger.

"Unnie, don't just sit there. Let Namjoon in," Lalisa said.

"Namjoon? Who on Mt. Olympus is that?" Jennie spat out.

"It's the god of the underworld's favourite nephew. I only found out that we were related a few hours ago. He's really smart, so go get the door and let him in."

Jennie rolled her eyes. She lazily stood up and opened the door, just to see a tall man smiling widely. "Hello, the heiress of the underworld had asked for my presence here?"

Jennie smiled back, nodding. "Yes, you may come in," she invited, taking him to the living room.

Lalisa got out of Jennie's room, carrying Luca in her arms. "Hey," Lalisa greeted him, a blunt expression etched onto her face.

"Oh, h-hello . . ." Namjoon stuttered, not meeting her eyes.

"Seriously, what's up with gods that won't look at me in the eye? I'm not Medusa or anything!" Lalisa protested, her eyes turning maroon, ready to throw hands if it wasn't for Luca that calmed her down with a meow. Slowly, her eyes transitioned back to gray. "We're related, I'd have to accept that fact one day," Lalisa bluntly told him. "And . . . maybe I'd start calling you Namjoon oppa, too. So you better start addressing me as Lalisa. You should get used to it."

"But won't my spine chill?" Namjoon asked cautiously, finally looking at her.

Lalisa pursed her lips, suddenly remembering that. "Oh, right," Lalisa nodded. "Then you just have to deem my approval of your existence, only then you can address me as Lalisa."

"How am I going to do that?" Namjoon asked curiously.

"I don't know, start by answering if you know who the child of Nyx and Erebus is," Lalisa shrugged, stroking Luca's head.

Jennie shot her a death glare. "Be respectful, Lalisa. At least address them properly."

"I frankly don't care," Lalisa shrugged, turning around to play with Luca.