✄ duo

i opened my eyes, seeing his weapon was lowered. i slowly walked up to him, before giving him a cold slap.

"ow!! what the fuck?!" he held his cheek.

"of course i love you, you fucking idiot." i stated, matter-of-factly. "i love you so much that i'll forgive you for making me say it twice."

"why? out of all people, why do you love..me?" he asked, still confused about what i just said.

"oh my god zack, now you're getting on my nerves." i facepalmed, "i love you because we have history. all of our victims assume we're together so why not let them have their last wish?? zack, look at us, we're fucking serial killers!! even after all this time, have you not even considered that we should be together??"

he shrugged, "never really crossed my mind."

"ugh, i hate you." i went to walk pass him, when he suddenly started laughing.

"what? what the fuck is so funny?" i asked, annoyed having spilling an entire romantic banter.

"looks like you're the fucking idiot, [y/n]." he strolled closer to me, "because...i love you too."

"you're fucking with me. you're joking right?" i retaliated.

"you should know, out of all people, you should know that i hate lies. besides, if i were joking, would i do this?" zack smirked, and in one swoop he dropped his scythe and had me in his arms with his lips pressed against mine.

i froze in shock, his surprisingly soft lips reeling me into realization. he held my face to his with his free hand, the other wrapped around my waist pulling me ever so closely into his chest.

my fingers entangled in his hair, his hood folding down as we started to roughly make out.

without warning, he shoved his tongue into my mouth, exploring the cavern. our tongues danced, the muscles fighting for dominance as zack and i became more heated. we went to separate for air, zack biting down on my lip.

we pulled away and i reached a hand to my bottom lip, the familiar red, warm liquid flowed down my chin and stained my fingertips.

i giggled, "naughty zack! you're not allowed to draw blood from your girlfriend!"

he played along, "it's only a little bit!"

our lips reunited, but only for a short couple of seconds because the speakers announced:

the boy on the bottom level is confirmed as a sacrifice. all floors please, begin your preparations at once.

i gasped, "c'mon babe~! god, my knives are so deprived of some blood!" i tugged his sleeve.

zack flipped on his hoodie and smiled, a maniacal but cheerful smile.

"let's kill."