Be Our Guest

It was a foggy day. Bloated beasts walked...shuffled...? Whatever you call it, they were moving. Their skin was like parchment, and they looked as if they were on the verge of melting away. They were all in a line, eager to be brought to the resort that they went to every year. And they were welcomed: as Guests

The Maw was apparently made for "the highest in society." No kidding. You'd have to be crazy rich to afford to be that fat. But anyway, they shuffled aboard, ready to feast upon the food they were promised. And as they came in, it began to look less like shuffling, and more like marching. And if you listened closely, you could here them chant:

Meat

Meat

Meat

And looking up, you saw her. The one that ran this ship. The Lady. For her, everything must go as planned. And she lives by her motto:

The Guests must eat. The Maw must survive.

It was the same every year. The Guests would come. The Guests would eat. The Guests would leave. However, some that enter, never exit. If they died, they would be used for food. A gruesome recycling system.

The Guests didn't care what they ate.(as long as it wasn't vegetables) they only cared eating whatever was in front of them. They don't care. It's not in their nature to care about anything. Except food.

Now by now your probably thinking: We get it. They like to eat. Get on with it already. And I'm sure your also wondering about a certain girl in a yellow raincoat, and maybe even a certain runaway kid. Well let's look at them shall we?

Ah, look. It's Six! Well, you can't see what she's doing. Sigh* I'll try my best to describe it to you. Or maybe...you would like Six to to tell you what she was doing?

Six's POV:

I was standing there in the dark. Clutching a lighter, my only source of light. Though my hair covered my eyes, I could see through it just fine. That wasn't the problem. It was just. So. Dark.

Ugh.

It gets so annoying. I'm going to have to find a place where I can actually see. As I walk forward, holding the lighter in front of me, I see that I'm going to be walking for a while. So while I'm doing that, Let me tell you a little bit about myself.

Hi! My name is Six. Don't question it. I am twelve years old, and I have been on The Maw for two years now. In case you can't do math, that means I have been here since I was ten. The birthday celebrations were amazing...not really. To celebrate my birthday me and Seven would go to the kitchen and steal food. And the food wasn't all that great either so...

Speaking of Seven, he is my best friend down here. There are some other kids here on The Maw, but me and Seven were always close. He's such a nice guy...ahem* but anyway it looks like I reached the end of the tunnel, so...see yah!

Narrator A.K.A Spade:

...Am I the only getting a sort of vibe between Six and Seven? Well, more on that later.

Thanks for reading! And make sure to come back for more!

your favorite cyclops,

SteamSpade