Caesar

Woman POV

I emerge from the bathroom, a towel being my only garment. The towel was soft and lustrous like a sheet of heavenly silk, wrapped delicately around my chest. It produced the equally inviting aroma of a freshly plucked gardenia, greeting my nostrils. Just then, my attention is seized by an irrepressible construct of purple, a dress laid out gently atop the foot of my bed.

"That dress wasn't there before, I'm sure of it. Compliments of Moon I surmise."

The dress was a classic, strapless dress that hugged my hips as I slipped it on. Looking in the mirror, I almost felt guilty as to how much I liked the dress. I knew I had to return it but for just that moment, I was the happiest I'd ever been. I was surprised at my expression, a genuine toothy smile that accentuated my cheek bones.

Without intermission, I hear two spaced, light knocks at my door. "Pardon me, madam. I will be your escort today." I hear the voice of an older man. His voice carried with it a demeanor of high etiquette and poise.

"An escort?"

I was hesitant to turn the knob and be seen in such a dress, my confidence turned to shame before I opened the door.

"Oh! My lady." He utters, bowing decisively before me.

The sudden action overtakes me completely as I feel a surge of heat rise to my face! I quickly bow back toward him to reciprocate his advance.

"You flatter me greatly but please don't trouble yourself my lady, I am but a humble servant. My name is Caesar Edward Dumbae and I am at your service." He says, slightly amused by my action.

He was the picture of age, capitalized further by the elegant, classical suit he was wearing. Not much taller than I at a humble 5'6'', a goodly mustache grew almost large enough to consume his mouth, his skin was wizened and lined with creases, though his eyes had much youth in them, those kind brown eyes inspired my trust in an instant and before I knew it, we were walking together, arm in arm through the corridor.

"Tell me about yourself. Have you got a name? It is a gentleman's duty to know a lady's name." He turns to me.

"My name?"

I hadn't really thought of it. Do I have a name? I furrow my eyebrows harshly in deep thought, trying desperately to remember. I must have looked upset by the way Caesar responded.

"Oh. Have I offended you? My sincerest apologies for prying. Pay no heed to the babble of a fossil like me. Let us just continue on with the tour." He says.

"Reyna..... Martin. My name is Reyna Martin... I think." I utter.

"I see. Well it is my deepest pleasure to be your guide on this fine day, Reyna Martin." His response fills me with a sense of acceptance.

"Thank you." I say softly.

He smiles briefly before we arrive at a stone balcony 2 stories from the ground, overlooking a vast area of land, embellished to the brim with gorgeous displays of vegetation. A gracefully crafted fountain, a serpentine leviathan cascades a steading stream of water from it's monstrous mouth, marking it's residence at the center of the garden. Sweet peas, stargazer lilies, hydrangeas, daffodils to name a few, litter the vicinity in a conglomeration of assorted speckles of color.

"Oh..... Oh my......"

A blue jay perches itself on the railing in front of me, chirping cheerfully before dismounting suddenly, startled by the sudden twitch of my finger as I advanced to greet it. It flies onto one of the many competently hedged trees adorning the area.

"Beautiful, is it not? I'll let you in on a secret, this place is my favorite of all the sites within the estate, the garden of words. I thought you'd appreciate it here too." He leans onto the railing, taking in a whimsical breath of satisfaction at the sight. The old man's expression, his innocent unalloyed joy filled me with a sense of courage. I felt safe with him.

I join him at the railing, taking in a breath to rival his. "You are not a fossil. Your secret is safe with me." I smile.

"Ahaha. You're a kind soul. Stay young for as long as you can, Reyna Martin." His elderly hand rests on mine as we take in the scenery together for a moment longer. "Let us continue our trek."