CHAPTER 2

“Would you want to go out with me?” Dillon asked with his guy friends hanging by closely silently cheering him on.

“Um…,” oh god I hated when this happened. I mean Dillon was cute so I guess; “Sure,” I faked a sickly sweet smile.

“Cool! I’ll see you tonight at the dance Ari!” he blared as he got onto the bus so everyone could hear. I walked to my bus and hopped on, sitting alone in a seat texting away to Ashton. I told him everything. People always joked with us that we would be a cute couple but I never thought of Ashton that way. I mean I admit we both where…um how do I put this? ‘Physically’ attracted to each other but emotionally there wasn’t anything but friendship. I was glad for this.

ASHTON: UR DATING DILLON? NO OFFENSE BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE WUZ GAY

ME: HES NOT GAY HE JUST…KNOWS HOW 2 BRAID. WATEVR MAYB I WIL LEARN 2 LOVE HIM

ASHTON: U DONT JUST LEARN 2 LOVE SOME1 ARI

ME: HOW WOUD U KNOW? BESIDES I NVR LIKE A GUY BE4 HE ASKS ME OUT ITS JUST HOW I WORK

ASHTON: AND THAT IS Y U HAVENT EVR BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP LONGR THAN 3 WEEKS

ME: OH SHUT UP. ANYWAY UR GONNA B AT THE DANCE 2NITE RITE?

ASHTON: OF COURSE JUST IN CASE U AND DILLON GO SOUTH

ME: WOW. THANX 4 THE SUPPORT

ASHTON: WELCOME ;)

I looked back out the window and it was raining. I smiled; I loved the way it smelt outside after it rained. It was so earthy and normal.

When I got home I checked the clock. I had about four hours until seven, when the dance started. That meant I had three hours to do whatever I want and then I’d take a half an hour to eat…

Normal girls would be worried I mean it was my first date with my boyfriend at a school dance. I wasn’t worried though. Dillon had the reputation of never breaking up with his girlfriends, they would always break up with him. Besides if he just asked me out he was probably still on an adrenaline high from worrying himself half to death.

After the hours slowly passing it was time to go. I had changed into a pair of jeans and my favorite striped top. It was cream colored with coffee striped and it was strapless, but it had sleeves going straight across. I felt confident as I walked in the school doors. I sighed as I scanned the entrance section of the school because Dillon was already right there waiting for me. I wanted to talk to Ashton a little first so he could talk me down. I was already second thinking saying yes and already imagined the words I would say when I would break up with him.

“Hey,” Dillon said nervously.

“Hey,” I said looking down the hallway towards the cafeteria, which was where the music and most the people where.

“You look nice,”

“Oh, um, okay,” I stood on my toes not paying attention to him at all.

“Do you want to go to the cafeteria?” he asked noticing my interest in it.

“Yeah let’s go,” I sped walk down the hallway with what some may call a look of determination, but that was just the way I looked.

“Oh, you’re walking!” Dillon followed behind me like a sad little puppy. I didn’t take much notice. I poked my head into the cafeteria, which had been turned into a dirty dance floor. The lights were out and the music was loud, pounding on my ear drums making them buzz in approval. Colored lights spun on the ceiling as people spun with them on the dance floor to the beat of the song. I suddenly spotted the lanky blonde boy I was looking for, awkwardly standing out looking around as fretfully as I was. I slinked my way across the group of dancing bodies and met him on the other side. Dillon struggled behind me and fought his way much less elegantly through the crowd.