XXIV

Tanya

11:30 p.m.

I hopped out my sleep to my phone ringing for the third time in the past five minutes. I was aggravated because I was sleeping really good. I picked up the phone and put it to my ear without even looking at who was calling me.

"Yes?" I groaned.

"T-T-Tanya."

I sat up."Bianca? What's wrong?"

"I-I-I-"

"Bianca, BREATHE. What's going on?"

"It's Danny, we're at the hospital."

I quickly got out the bed and threw on some sweatpants and my slides. I picked up the phone and basically ran downstairs. Grabbing my keys and jacket, I ran out the house. I locked the door and got in my car.

"What hospital?" I asked, starting the car up.

"W-W-" She was crying hysterically.

"Bianca! Which hospital?"

"M-Mercy Ge-Ge-" I got annoyed and hung up the phone.

I sped to the hospital while trying to stay positive. I just said earlier that my child wouldn't get hurt yet here I am racing to the hospital. When I got to the hospital, I parked and threw my jacket on. I zipped it up and went inside the building. Before I could even get to the front desk, Bianca called my name.

"Where's my baby?" I asked.

"He's still with the doctors."

"What happened, Bianca?"

"It was late and Danny wanted ice cream so I got him some."

"Regular ice cream? What flavor?"

"It was, um, rocky road."

"Bianca, he's allergic to chocolate and lactose intolerant. What the hell?!"

"I didn't know that. I'm sorry."

"How could you not know?"

"Dave didn't tell me when he dropped the kids off."

I instantly felt my body heat up. I was livid. How could you neglect to inform the person watching your child what he's allergic to?

"Bianca, what happened?" I heard Dave ask.

"You didn't tell her about his allergies?"

"What?"

"You didn't tell her about Daniel's allergies?"

"I must've forgot."

"You forgot." I chuckled. "You forgot to tell your sister who is watching our children for the first time what your son is allergic to. Wow."

"This isn't my fault, Tanya."

"Then who's fault is it, David? I can't blame her because she didn't know what the fuck he was allergic to!"

"Ma'am, I need you to calm down." A nurse said.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Are you the parents of Daniel Jackson?" The doctor asked.

"Yes." Dave and I said in unison.

"Well, it seems that your son went into anaphylactic shock. We were able to get him stabilized and he's currently sleeping. Do you know of his allergies?"

"He's lactose intolerant and he's allergic to chocolate and blueberries. He accidentally digested chocolate ice cream."

"Okay, well, I can take you to see him now if you want."