Chapter 39- She's Come Undone

A/N: So I know that The Originals comes next in episode order but for the purpose of my story, it'll come after this episode because I can't have Klaus in New Orleans.~J😘😍 P.S. This chapter ended up being a little longer but I had a lot to pack in!
3rd Person P.O.V.

As Jessica lays on a cot, passed out thanks to the magic stealing dose of ketamine mixed with Kol's special powder, the rest of her friends and family, plus Stefan, stand in the parlor of the boarding house discussing her predicament.

"Look, I don't care what you say, Damon. I just roofied my best friend and stole her magic," Caroline says as her actions finally hit her.

"You didn't steal her magic," Vivianne comforts. "Kol's powder won't last forever."

"Yeah and the more you use, the faster her tolerance will build," Meredith adds. "We don't know how much of a tolerance she already has from the little that Kol used."

"So how much time do we have, princess?" Damon asks as Meredith's face twists at the nickname.

"I don't know. A day, give or take."

"Well, are we giving or taking?" Stefan demands.

"I don't know!" Meredith exclaims. "Just hurry up with your plan. I'm going home to get her some new clothes so she can change, you guys figure out a plan." With that, she leaves. Vivianne looks after her, wanting to follow, but decides that Jessica needs her more.

"Great, so we have less than a day to get her humanity back and no plan," Damon sighs.

"Why don't you do what Lexi did with Stefan?" Caroline wonders.

"Lexi starved Stefan and then got inside his head," Vivianne answers. "Even if we did starve Jessica, we still wouldn't be able to get into her mind, which was the purpose of the starving."

"Starving would take too long anyway," Damon inputs. "Jessica tends to stop eating sometimes if she thinks she's gaining weight or whatever. Her body doesn't respond like a normal body would. She's not anorexic but my guess is that if she wasn't part vampire, she might be."

"God, it's like I didn't even know her," Elena says. "I didn't know that she had trouble with emotions or that she wouldn't eat sometimes, hell I just found out this year that she was a genius."

"And why do you think that is?" Vivianne snaps, making Elena flinch. "God forbid, Little Elena feel left out or lesser. She's spent her entire life trying to make you feel better about yourself so she never got a chance to think about herself because every time she did anything, you threw a fit when she did it better. That's probably why you had to fall for her boyfriend, isn't it, because Jessica can't have anything that Elena wants."

Elena, who after turning on her humanity focused on the guilt emotion, leaves the room, not wanting to cry because Vivianne is right. Jessica has always been there for Elena and Elena never returned the favor. "Why did you say that?" Caroline sneers. "We don't have time to fight, we need to help Jessica."

"I'm well aware of that but let's not forget, I don't like any of you. I care about Jessica and Meredith. I started to care for Jeremy but he's dead so it doesn't really matter, no offense Jeremy," she says as he appears with her thoughts.

"None taken, but go easy on Elena. In case you didn't realize, when it comes to people she loves, Jess has a bit of trouble putting herself first," he tells her.

"Fine," she sighs. "But I'm not apologizing."

"You can see Jeremy?" Damon questions as Caroline has an idea.

"Wait, what if we get her to think about Alaric or Jeremy, they might be able to convince her," she suggests. Everyone begins to consider it, when Alaric refutes it.