The girl in the woods

It was a stormy night, November 1983. My friends Dustin and Lucas and I were out looking for our friend will, but then "did you hear that?" Dustin stutters. "Shut up!" I scream, we all turn around and there she is, a girl with a buzz cut, petrified. We take her to my basement. " is there a number we can call for your parents?" I ask. " what happened to your hair? Do you have cancer!?" Squints Dustin. " stop it your scaring her!" I say. I give her some clean clothes and lead her to the bathroom, but then. She catches the door with her hand. "You don't want it closed?" I ask confused, "no." She stammers, " oh so you can speak! Ok how about we leave it there? Good?" I sigh. "Yes". The door is about three inches open. " I reckon she comes from an insane asylum." Lucas suggests "got a lot a family there" Dustin jokes. " listen she'll stay here tonight, then in the morning she'll go to my front door and my mom will know what to do." When Dustin and Lucas leave i start up conversation with this strange girl in my basement. " hey I never got your name!" She starts pulling up her sleeve to reveal a number " 011. Is that your name?" She nods, "ok 011. My names mike, short for Michael. Maybe we can call you El, short for 011." She nods again. "Ok, night el." "Night mike" she says softly.