Chapter 5

Sky's pov

     I woke up to the feeling of being moved, and when I pried my eyes open I was in Daryl's truck. But there was no Merle. I groan in pain as I sit up, but that hurt my throat. Fucking Ed.

     "Dare?" I choke out, "where's Merle?" I look over at him and he looks at me sadly.

     "Cut his damn hand off," he mumbled, I shook my head and we sat in silence. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw very defined hand marks around my neck, my father used to leave them on me. 

     "Ed?" I growled best I could.

     "Walkers got 'im," I nod and kept staring at my reflection, "don' think 'bout 'im." I knew he was talking about, our piece of shit father.

     "Where we goin'?" I asked, my voice hurt to use but I knew I had to use it.

     "Rick said we go to the CDC since the camp was just attacked," When did  I miss that?  "It happened when you were unconscious." I nod and we continue driving.

     "I'm glad ya made it back," I mumble, I lean my head on his shoulder and he grunts in response.

     "Now, rest your voice," he told me. I nodded and did as he said. 

     We would never let anyone see us like this, but we were close. He told me about how a walker bit Jim and how we had to leave him behind. we pull into the CDC and see nothing but dead all over.

     "You stay close, got it?" he ordered me.

     "You don' gotta tell me twice," I thought to myself getting out of the truck. The smell made me gag and cough, along with the others. Shane tells us all to be quiet and to keep moving, we followed. Everyone chokes on the smells. When get to the doors, Rick and Shane start beating on the doors and trying to open them. Nothing.

     "There's no one here," T-dog explained.

     "Then why are these shutters down?" Rick asks. I look over and see walkers coming straight for us, Daryl saw too.

     "Walkers," he yells. The kids start whimpering while the adults and I started killing the walkers. 

     "Ya led us into a graveyard!" Daryl yelled marching towards Rick, I followed.

     "He made a call," Shane defended.

     "Yeah?" my brother questions, "Well it was the wrong damn call!" Shane tells us to shut up and I felt my anger go through the roof.

      "Rick this is a dead-end," Shane told him.

     "Where are we gonna go?" Carol panicked. I rolled my eyes slightly though she was right, Rick starts yelling at the door. This guy has issues.

     "Fort Benning, Rick," Shane said sounding concerned, "still an option." I tone and I watch for any more walkers.

     "C'mon!" Daryl yells at me while everyone rushes to the vehicles. 

     "The camera!" Rick yells, "it moved."

     "You imagined it!" I shrieked, my voice isn't handling this well. We need to go, and I ain't dying because of this dumbass. Rick kept on telling us it moved, it's getting dark and we need to leave! Everyone was fighting Rick on it, I saw it too but I know I was just imagining it. He begins pounding on the shutters, NO! I run up to him and push him back.

     "Rick!" I pleaded faintly, "there's no one here!" he pushed me to the ground and talks to the camera. Shane finally gets him to move and we see a bright light come from the building. Holy shit. Daryl picked me up and we head inside.