505

505 ~arctic monkeys

i sat down at my desk, in my room, doing homework.
this past week had been a really long and i've been exhausted.
all i've been doing is going to classes, doing homework, studying, and facetiming timmy.

as i was staring at my 6-page essay that was only halfway done, my phone started to ring.
it was timothee.
i quickly pressed the green button and saw a tired timothee through the screen.

"hey y/n, what are you up to?"

"just drowning in homework," i said with a small giggle.
"what about you"

"i just got home from shooting"

timmy and i had been doing long distance while he was shooting in italy. it's been really rough but i'm really proud of him and think that this will all be worth it in the end.

"oh really, how's it going over there?"

"pretty good, it's been really fun and it's so beautiful here. i just wish you could be here to see it," he replied while plopping onto his bed.

"that's good. i know, maybe we can go there when i'm finished with school?"

that's when i realize he had already fallen asleep.
i couldn't blame him.
i could tell he was tired and he's been working very hard.
i guess this was a good reminder that i should probably head to bed.

*a week later*

as i was making my lunch and heard a knock at my apartment door.
i walked over and looked through the peephole.

holy shit.

i quickly swung the door open and ran into timmys arms.

"timmy! what the hell are you doing here?" i exclaimed, still clinging to him.

"were taking a break from filming. i decided it was finally time to come visit you," he said smiling widely.

oh my gosh, i'm so glad you're here. i thought i would die if i couldn't see you in person for another week!" i said while peppering kisses all over his face.

i'm genuinely so happy that he's here.
i took his luggage in one hand and his hand in my other and led him inside.
i put his luggage into my bedroom and headed back to the kitchen.
he sat down at one of the chairs on the kitchen island.

"would you like me to make you some lunch?" i asked him as i stood across from him on the other side of the counter.

"no, i'm okay, i ate after i got off the plane."

we started to catch up with each other.
we talked about how much we missed each other.
it was so refreshing to finally have a conversation with him physically in front of me again.

~

as the days went by, we did as many things as we could do together.
we went to an amusement park, ice skating, shopping, eating, to see a movie. everything we would fit into this little time frame of seeing each other.
the movie he was in was 3/4 finished.
i tried to not think about how he had to go in such a little amount of time, but i just kept telling myself that he was almost done with the movie.
that after this, he could come home and live with me again.

sadly, the day came where he had to go back.
he packed his things, leaving a few hoodies of course, and before i knew it, i was already driving him to the airport.
once we got there, we both got out of the car.
he grabbed his luggage out of the trunk and we stood in front of his terminal, staring at each other.

"i can't believe you have to go already. so fast," i said, trying not to cry and yet a tear made its way through.

"i know, baby. i'll be back again before you know it. and this time we'll facetime even more, okay?"

i nodded, coming in for a tight hug.
we stood there for about 5 minutes and it was time for him to go.
while we were still hugging, he tucked his face into my neck and quietly said,

"it seems like once again you've had to greet me with goodbye."

at this point, my face was covered in tears.
he had said a line from one of our favorites songs.
not gonna lie, it hit different when he said it.

we hugged for a couple more seconds when he pulled away.
he didn't want to.
but he needed to.
we gave each other one last kiss and he was on his way.
he looked back and i waved him goodbye.

i got into my car and took a second to breathe.
i realized that this wasn't forever.
it was hard and is still hard, but he'll be back very, very soon.
i wiped my tears off, put on 505 by arctic monkeys, and drove home.

authors note~
this didn't really come out how i wanted, i'm probably gonna edit it later to fix it up a little and add more detail but this song is so fireeee😭😭
really wishing i had a bf right now but whatever 😔
hope you had a good night!

word count~ 863