Chapter 1

•Kasani Kamere Moore•

Kasani jumped the fence looking back at the cop chasing him. He turned right, and got happy noticing the familiar neighborhood but it was all taken away when he felt a burning sensation in his leg, he fell over and grabbed his leg. "Fuck man!" He yelled out in pain.

"Not much more running you can do now."

He looked up seeing how close the cop has gotten.

I cant go back to jail. He shook his head. I Can't, I can't. He quickly stood back up and starting running again. It wasn't much he can do on a shot leg.

"You can't run fast with a limp!" The cop taunted.

*POW*

Another shot. This time to the arm. "Awh fuck!" He grabbed his arm turning yet another corner. He looked back seeing him still getting chased. He was on the verge of giving up but his daughter, little Kylie, kept popping up in his mind. He can hear his heart beating, he can feel his ears clogging. Was it all over? Was the cop going to catch him? Everything was running through his mind.

He jumped a fence, then another and entered the backyard he was yearning to see ever since he recognized the neighborhood. Knowing her back door was unlocked he rushed in, closing and locking the door with quickness. "Key!" He yelled limping towards the stairs. "Key, i'm shot." He breathed out climbing the stairs barely able to stand up on his own.

"What the fuck Sani?!" Key yelled running out her room to help him up the stairs.

"Stop yelling." He frowned.

"What do you mean?! You can barely fucking walk!" She carried him to the bathroom.

"It's nothing you never seen from me before Key." He winced sitting down. "Fuck." He groaned.

Key rummaged through her drawls getting everything she needed to stitch him up. "I've seen you get shot in the damn leg before Kasani, You was on the verge of passing the fuck out."

"I'm good yo, probably just have something to do with the bloo-aughhh!" He yelled out in pain when she poured alcohol on his arm wound. "What the fuck! No warning?"

"You didnt warn me." She shrugged as she took the bullet out and began stitching him up. "Sani you need a break, relax from the streets for a while. You have a kid you need to realize that." She moved down to his leg. "What even happened?"

"Selling dope going wrong. Niggas was mic'd up. Now I gotta get him gone." He shrugged.

"That's your problem right there." She finished standing up. "You always wanna 'get somebody gone'! You don't think you need to lay low?!"

"Duh Key, i'm not dumb." He made a face standing up. "You got some extra clothes?" He asked stripping out his shirt. "I need to shower."

"Yes I do. When you get out the shower i'm going to patch you up." She walked out the bathroom.