1

Jake sat in the briefing room not being able to get the "diner girl" out of his head

Jake sat in the briefing room not being able to get the "diner girl" out of his head. Wondering if he'd ever see her again.

He was pulled back into reality when one of the other detectives asked him how the case went.

"Yes I did solve the case! So, Santiago, would you do the honours?" He teased.

Amy stood up with a sigh while the rest of the room cheered in anticipation.

"I hate this" she mumbled while she changed Jakes arrest number from 23 to 24 whilst hers stayed at 22.

"I'm winning" Jake shouted "It's a good feeling"

He then stood up and updated the rest of his co-worked about the murder of Henry Morngenthau. 

Jake was sitting at his desk when Amy came over to ask him if he knew anything about the new captain who was about to join their squad.

"No and I don't care, I just wish Captain McGintley never left, he was the best." Jake replies remembering the time him and Rosa played 'Fire extinguisher roller chair derby' fearing that the new captain wouldn't allow that to happen.

Jake then proceeded to make fun of the new captain by saying that he would be a "washed up pencil pusher who's only concerned with following every rule in the patrol guide" then adding "meep Morp zeep... robot captain engaged" in a robot voice.

Meanwhile the new captain was standing behind Jake listening to his every word hiding the fact that he was offended.

"Is that what you think" The new captain said from behind Jake.

"New captain alert. You must be the new co, I'm detective Jake Peralta great to meet you" Jake laughed nervously slightly mad at his co-workers for not warning him about the man.

"No don't let me interrupt, you were describing what kind of person I'm going to be I'd like you to finish"

"That's not necessary" silence was all he received "or I could recap very quickly, sure. Um, let's see, I think I said some joke about being a washed-up pencil pusher"

"Now do the robot voice" Captain Holt demanded.

"Meep Morp... Zarp robot" He said awkwardly while doing the hand actions.

"That was a terrible robot voice, next time I see you if like you to be wearing a necktie."

Holt then proceeded to tell everyone that they will follow his orders and that is to wear a necktie even if the old captain didn't care what they wore.

"Does anybody else get a little bit of a gay vibe?" Gina asked the others. Everyone stared at her blankly. "No? Ok"

»»»

Harper's day didn't get off to a good start either. Firstly she overslept due to the fact she wasn't used to the different time zones yet. Then she realised she didn't have any food in her apartment since she just moved there. All her clothes were still packed in the moving boxes.