xiii. secrets and despair

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
[ xiii. secrets and despair ]
/ IRL & TEXTING /

"GUYS', GUYS' WAKE up! This is important!" Hanji shouted out of panic as they tried to wake everyone up.

"What, Hanji?" Connie stirred awake as he rubbed his eyes.

"Rico is missing. I looked through this entire house and she's gone." Hanji explained quickly, making everyone wake up really fast.

"What?" Ymir asked in disbelief.

"Yea. Rico wasn't there when I woke up and I was the first one awake." Hanji hurriedly explained, still panicked.

"Are you sure you looked everywhere?" Marco questioned as he stood up.

"Yes. Unless Eren has a basement or an attic I don't know about."

"I don't have either one." Eren added softly, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Okay, everyone go check every room." Oluo ordered, making everyone nod.

"Marco, Levi, and I will look upstairs. Everyone get partners and make sure you all stay together. Nobody else goes missing." Eren instructed, needing to hurry to find Rico alive. Everyone split up, besides one person, which was extremely suspicious.

That person knew exactly what happened to Rico, because he was up when it happened. He couldn't sleep because of the overwhelming pain coming from his hand. Oh, who is it you may ask? Well, you can figure that out for yourselves . . .

***

Everyone's now back together, huddled in the kitchen. "I checked everywhere. None of us can find her." Sasha explained, a bit frightened. She stood awkwardly beside Marco, straying away from Connie and Ymir.

"I bet the dude behind this killed her." Levi said sadly, holding back his sorrow.

"Let's not think she's dead, she's missing." Armin corrected.

"I'm so done with this bullshit." Eren muttered as he got out his phone.

"What are you doing?" Oluo asked in somewhat of an attitude.

"Finding out where Rico is."

/ TEXTING /

( 2 participants )

humanities last hope
u better tell me what the hell
u did to Rico and tell me fast

unknown number
Well there, let's talk rationally.

humanities last hope
there's nothing rational about this.
u took my friend now tell me what
u did with her

unknown number
I had nothing to do with the
disappearance of your friend.
You shouldn't be asking me.

humanities last hope
then who the hell should i be
asking??

unknown number
That's not my problem, is it?

humanities last hope
fuck u

READ

Rico stirred awake, letting out a groan as she woke up. She rubbed her head and felt some dry blood. Still being half-asleep, she winced at the fact she touched her somewhat, opened wound. Rico looked around and realised she was still down in the basement. She slowly stood up, almost falling once more. "Guys'?" She asked as she stumbled around. "Guys'!" She shouted. Rico got the idea to try and call her friends. She quickly got out her phone. No service, she read to herself silently. There was no way she could get ahold of help.

She was stuck.

Rico started climbing the stairs, careful where her feet are so she doesn't take a fall back down the stairs. She started knocking on the door, then pulling the handle. "Hello? Is anyone there!?" She asked in a panic. She kept knocking and pulling for what seemed like hours, but it was only merely three minutes. She finally gave up and walked down the stairs. Surely they could've heard that, she thought to herself. She started walking, examining everything around her. What is this place? She asked herself. Rico decided to take this as an opportunity to see what the hell this mess is.

She sat in front of one of the computers and clicked on her file name. Online, she thought to herself and sighed in relief. At least she knew she wasn't in hell or something, she was alive.

Rico continued to research, seeing if there was any slight clue into who was behind this or how to win this. She then discovered something she would never forget. Oluo Bozardo didn't have a file.

— — — — —

SORRY THIS IS SHORT. I WONDER WHAT OLUO COULD BE
HIDING. ALSO, THIS IS COMING TO AN END AND Y'ALL
AIN'T READY,,