42. Dad Comes Home

Ciara's POV

The last few weeks have been memorable. The cast has been hanging out every chance we got. We've probably made more memories in the last four weeks than we have in the seven months before that.

My mom didn't believe that Jace had promised to marry me. She thought it was all some prank we were pulling on her, so I had to have Jace confirm it. Once she did finally believe us, she told everyone she knew.

The promise gave me a lot more publicity. Many tv hosts have invited me on their shows, and I even did an online podcast with "Teenage Hearts." Maybe I will have a career in acting.

I called some of my close friends over to my house because today was a really big day. My dad was going to be home today, within the next two hours.

I was debating on inviting Jace, but I felt that maybe I should hold back on that. I didn't want my dad to just meet Jace as soon as he comes home. Then right after meeting him, find out that I'm marrying him one day.

Suzy's POV

Ciara invited Kyla and I over to help welcome her dad home. I was really happy for Ciara, and seeing that her dad's homecoming made her excited made me want to witness his arrival with her.

Ciara had asked Kyla and I if she should invite Jace earlier. I told her she should wait, but Kyla thought it would be a good idea to surprise him with Jace and the ring. So in the end, Kyla weighed out the pros and cons of both. She decided that maybe keeping Jace a secret right now was best.

***

Kyla's POV

Ciara's mom made some of Ciara's dad's favorite foods. We decided to help her clean up a little bit, because it was the least we could do. Suzy, Ciara and I decided to match, using an outfit we bought at the mall last weekend.

Ciara's shirt read 'thing one', Suzy's shirt read 'thing two', and my shirt read 'thing three'. We all agreed that the shirt was kind of cheesy, but we bought it as a symbol of friendship.

Suzy was originally only Ciara's friend, as was I. However in the long run, we felt that we belonged as a trio. We correct each other when wrong, we never pick sides, and if one of us has an issue, then all of us have an issue. They're the sisters I never had. In fact, we're all the sisters we never had to each other.

It worked well because Jace and Sean were getting a lot closer. I started talking to Justice, and he hang out a lot, but we're not officially dating yet. Sean and Jace have met Justice a few times, and whenever they do see each other, they seem to hit it off.

I was about to go fix my hair when Ciara saw a car pulling up in the driveway.

"He's here!" Ciara yelled as we all ran into the living room.

Ciara's mom opened the door, and we all hid behind the big couch.

Finally, an almond colored bald man came walking through the door.

"Surprise! Welcome home!" Everyone yelled as Ciara ran out to go jump on her dad.

"I missed my baby so much!" He said as he swung Ciara around in the air. "You're getting so big!"

"It's a good thing you left your bags in the car" Ciara's mom said. "Cici would've knocked those bags right out of your hands."

Ciara's dad laughed, showing his perfect teeth. I haven't seen him in forever, I forgot just how fine he really was.

"Oh" Ciara's dad said while looking at Suzy. "You didn't introduce me to your new friend."

"Dad, this is Suzy" Ciara said. "Suzy, this is my dad. He's a cool guy."

"Hi nice to meet you" Suzy said as she shook Ciara's dad's hand.

"Nice to meet you" Ciara's dad said. "And it's nice to see you again as well Kyla", her dad said to me.

***

Ciara's Mom's POV

I let Cici spend the night at her girlfriend's house. I'm glad that she made one good friend from that cast. I was so worried that she'd be a lost cause amongst those kids. Turns out, she was well favorited.

I decided I'd fill Jason [Ciara's dad] in on everything that's been going on over dinner. He was super excited to hear that Ciara started acting, and even watched a few episodes of Henry Danger.

"So" Jason said while playing with his food, "is Cici still a hopeless romantic?"

I snickered. "She was never a hopeless romantic. She was just young and uninterested."

"Same thing" Jason said as he took a sip from his wineglass. "Is she still 'young and interested'"?

"No. She actually has a soon to be husband" I said. Jason spat out his wine.

"She has a what?" He asked.

"He promised to marry her, ring and all"

"He promised to what?" He asked.

I laughed. "Your daughter is growing up Jason. Time to realize she's no longer a little girl."

"I was gone for one year!" Jason exclaimed. "One year and she's already planning to marry somebody?"

"Obviously they won't be hitched right now" I said. "Ciara wants to at least finish high school first. The boy is already out of highschool."

"She finishes high school in one year Amelia!" Jason said. "And the boy is already out of highschool? So you're letting my daughter marry some male cougar?"

"Jason calm down" I said laughing. "The boy just turned nineteen around a month ago. Him and Ciara went on a trip together for his birthday. And once Cici is eighteen, she's legally an adult. If she wants to get married at that point, she can."

Jason looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "They went on a trip together?" He asked.

"Yeah they did, but it was fine. I trust Ciara, she's never been a problem for us."

"Okay" Jason said. "That was an interesting story Amelia. I'll just have to ask Ciara about it myself."

"Actually" I responded,"Ciara and the boy wanted their families to meet next weekend. That'll be your chance to ask all the questions you want."

"Sounds good" Jason said.