three

I woke up bright and early, to the sound of loud drumming and blasted rock music. I noticed I was still in my clothes from last night as I passed my mirror.

I changed into a comfortable pair of gray sweatpants and an old band t-shirt and headed next door. I slipped on my slides and walked directly into the Heffley's garage.

"Hey rock star."

Rodrick took off his headphones and paused the music. "Morning princess, you're up pretty early." Rodrick smiled.

"Yeah you know I think it's because MY NEIGHBOR IS PLAYING THE DRUMS AT 8 IN THE MORNING!" I yelled.

Rodricks mouth gaped open. "Oh is it that early? I never really went to bed to start with."

I rolled my eyes and unplugged the cord to the speaker he was playing his music on. "Someone's a grumpy grump in the morning." He teased.

I glared at him before walking out and making my way back to my bed.

"The baggy sweats are just adorable!" He shouted after me right before I shut the garage door.

I left with a smile.

It was now the afternoon and I'm just waking up from my nap. I usually wouldn't nap so close to waking up, but I was abruptly woken up earlier than usual.

I sat in my bed and opened my laptop. Halfway through the Buzzfeed quiz I was taking I heard a knock on my window. "Go away!" I yelled.

"Please!" I heard Rodrick's muffled voice.

I got up to open my window, then went back to my bed. I looked up to see him climbing across from his window to mine. "I'm trying to find out which ice cream flavor I am." Referring to the quiz I was taking.

Rodrick stumbles in my room and goes to sit on the edge of my bed. "Carson." I ignore him. He shuts my laptop. "Hey!" I complain. "I'm sorry for waking you up with my amazing drumming. I want to make it up to you by taking you to the mall. It's a cool place." Rodrick offers.

I consider his offer. "Fine. Only because I want to see the town and have no one to take me." He smiles and stands up. "Alright, get dressed and I'll meet you outside in 15 minutes." He runs to the window and climbs through to his room.

I open my closet and grab a pair of jean shorts and a plain black t-shirt. I put my hair in a bun and put on my white high top converse. Simple outfit for a simple girl.

I grabbed some money and my phone. "Where you headed?" My mom asks me. "Rodrick is taking me to the mall and no do not make any relationship jokes." I stop her. She puts her hands up in defense and lets me go.

"I'm not driving in that." I say to Rodrick as I walk outside and see his white Loded Diper van. "You want the Plainview experience? Well this is how we roll in Plainview." Rodrick persuades me.

"Fine. You can plan my funeral once I die in here." I tell him as I get in the van.

We arrived at the mall. This mall is way nicer than the one in my old town. Rodrick turns off the engine and quickly runs over and opens my door for me.

"What a gentlemen."

"I was taught to be nice to pretty girls." He says as I get out of the car. I blushed a little bit, but no way in hell would I let Rodrick see that.

He drags me to his favorite stores. After 3 stores that genuinely scare me, I took the lead. "Let me show you to my favorite stores."

Rodrick allows me to take him to my favorite stores. We stopped in front of Pink. "No. This is not happening." Rodrick refuses. I grab his hand, ignoring the sparks I felt when touching it, and bringing him in.

"Carson there are- woah lots of chicks here." He drools over everyone we see. I roll my eyes. "Yeah it was a mistake bringing you in here." I drag him out of the store. "No wait I was starting to like it in there!" He laughs.

"Shut up loser." I make fun of him. "Let's get slushee's." I agree with Rodricks idea. We get up to the small stand selling icee's. I order and pull out my money. Rodrick steps in front of me and pays for my slushee.

"I have my own money." I told him. "I know but you don't have to use it right now."

The worker hands us the slushee's and decided it was necessary to comment. "That is so cute! What a wonderful boyfriend."

"Ha. She wishes!" Rodrick laughs, while I roll my eyes.

"You know I'm actually having a great time Rodrick." I smiled. He turned his focus towards me and we made eye contact. He smiled.

"Heffley?" I heard someone yell. Rodrick's eyes open as wide as they possibly can. "C-coach Malone?"

"How's the broken foot?" This Coach Malone guy asks him.

"Still broken?" Rodrick hesitantly says. The coach glared at him. He threw his slushee back towards him and grabbed my hand. "RUN!"

I panicked and ran with Rodrick. "He'll kill me!" I heard Rodrick yell. The coach was gaining on us. Out of impulse I threw my slushee back at him as we ran out of the mall and towards the van.

We made it to the van, out of sight from Coach Malone. "Wanna tell me what just happened?" I asked, out of breath.

"I'm supposed to be making up gym during the summer but got out of my saying I broke my foot. That was Coach Malone, the scariest guy ever." He explains.

"Wow you are such a bad boy."

"Good you finally noticed." He looks dead serious when he says this. "Sorry about your slushee."

"Doesn't matter, wasn't my money." I flipped my hair as I got into the death vehicle.

Rodrick pulled into his driveway and walked me to the door. "I'd love to stay here and hang out with you but I'm about to go trick Greg into thinking he won a free trip to a weekend getaway somewhere." Rodrick says with a smirk.

"Have fun with that!" I said as I walk inside and shut the door.

"Have a good time?" My mom asked me.

"Yes, I really did."