✥Prologue

STONES OF GOLD OR BRONZE

The blazing hot sun shines brightly on Amara's tan body. Heavy iron chains threaten to pull her down to the sand under her old sandals. The chains connect her to another prisoner in front of her and behind her as they walk in a line. Her raven black hair covered in filth and sweat as the rest of her body. The ripped rags of a dress she wears doesn't shield her skin from the sun that wishes to only shine on her. Her head staring down into the golden shade of sand that she walks.

Her feet as well as her body so exhausted that it threatens to shut down and fall to the ground. Yells from the Masters makes Amara's body tremble in fear as she pushes her body to move further. The desert is long and golden sand is all her Bronze eyes are able to see everywhere she looks. Her mouth hanging open for water that she has not gotten for hours and her tongue is as dry as the sand she walks on. The chains have heated up to the point that they burn her hands with agonizing pain. Amara bites down a scream that wishes to erupt from her dry throat.

She is a prisoner or a Slave as she is called and is being taken to the city where the rich and powerful live and the castle of Savanna stands with pride. Amara lived in a small poor village before she was taken and chains slammed on her wrists to keep her in place. Along with so many others and a many of them she has never seen before. She doesn't know for how long they have been walking but the sun is slowly descending from the sky and going down.

Hours later Amara begins to see the stone wall that surrounds the city and keeps enemies away. It is so far away that she wonders if it's only her mind tricking her from the sun that still continues to shine directly down at her with the hot rays. But the closer they get the more she begins to realize that they have made it to the stone wall. And to the place that Amara among thousands of others are about to be sold to the rich and powerful. All because of the Bronze color in their eyes that has set their fate in stone but for Amara there is always time to write a new destiny.