Chapter One: If I Act Like That

Kate P.O.V.

I looked over at Sophie who was staring at gruesome pictures of a crime scene from last night. 

"Do you think that it was Batwoman?" she asked my dad upset that there were bat symbols on the ends of the knives.

"Batwoman wouldn't do something like this, it had to have been Alice setting up some sort of trick for the Crows to go off and chase down Batwoman while she tries something else," I said.

"Witnesses say that it wasn't Alice but a girl with black hair, a purple, black, yellow, and red costume with no cape, and a bat cowl. It couldn't have been Batwoman but maybe a sidekick. Batman had Robin, why shouldn't this new hero have one too," dad said slapping the file down on a table.

"So what you're saying is that you have no leads or anything you just think that there's a new bat in town with a lust for blood to a point where that bat will pull a person just enough so that they teeter on the edge of life and death without actually killing them? Is that what I'm getting from this?" I asked upset. I marched out of the room and down the hall to the elevator. 

Luke P.O.V.

I looked at the girl who walked into the main lobby of the old Wayne Enterprises. She wore all black except for a shiny yellow chain with purple and red sparkles in it. 

"Hi, I'm here to see Kate Kane, it's a family emergency," the girl said running a hand through her hair.

"Kate isn't here at the moment and I was just closing up, do you think we could talk tomorrow?" I asked confused.

"Why isn't she here?" the girl asked herself more than me.

"She has a life outside of work, I was just staying here to go until the end of hours," I said before looking into her eyes. They were a deep sort of blue that felt familiar. "Do I know you from somewhere?" I asked her.

"No." All I could see was a raise of her hand before everything went black.

When I woke up I was in the Batcave but I couldn't see Kate. Where did that girl go? I walked over to the desk and saw a note and a picture. The picture was of Bruce in a frame with an R on it colored in green and red. 

The note read: You don't know me, at least not the way he did. You're smart Fox, maybe even more so than your dad.

I put the note down and breathed in deep. There were only eight people that knew about the Batcave, Bruce, my dad, Alfred, Robin, Kate, Alice, Joker, and me. Did this girl know Robin or something? Did she have a crush on him like every other young girl?

I heard footsteps behind me and put my hands up to the back of my head in reflex. 

"Geeze Luke, what's up with you?" Kate asked from behind me.

"Some kid came in and knocked me out earlier," I admitted. Kate started laughing hysterically.

"I know that but I didn't read the note since it was addressed to you. I'm going to do an interview with Kara in an hour. Don't listen in," she said in her normal serious tone.

"Did you have any other cousins besides Bruce?" I asked.

"Yeah, his kid was kind of like a cousin to me, well I mean his ward was. Grayson was so crazy at times," Kate said laughing a little.

"Grayson was Robin?" I asked confused.

"Duh, you have fun putting your puzzle together, I have to go see Kara," Kate said enforcing that she was going to see Kara, that meant that she wasn't going to see Kara.

Kate P.O.V.

I landed on the roof next to this proclaimed Batgirl.

"Using Bruce's suit I see," she said looking over at me with cold blue eyes.

"Why are you here?" I asked looking at her upset.

"Bruce sent me to check on you and you really think that I was going to show up in scaly green panties, you are sorely mistaken Katie," the girl growled lifting off her cowl. 

"Good to see you Dix," I said lifting mine off too.

"I heard about Alice, I want to help you but I don't think I can handle being called Batgirl of all things. I don't wanna be a stupid girl," she said laughing.

"I'll see if SuperGIRL can change that for you cous, welcome back to Gotham."