3: Gods & Errands

Image is of how Hades' looks

The alarm breaks through the silence of the room, causing the woman on the bed to moan as she reaches out to tap her phone screen. She sits up, rubbing her face as she looks at the time on her phone. 6:30 AM. She groans. She forgot to turn off her alarm.

She slides out of bed, walking to the bathroom to do her morning routine. It's Friday and she's off, thankful for that cause the Friday crowd at Tsai can be intense. She steps out the shower, drying off before moisturising her skin. She pulls back on her pyjamas, not interested in putting on actual clothes yet before shuffling out the room and to the kitchen.

Hades looks up at seeing the sleepy woman shuffling into the kitchen. She sits at the island, resting her head in the palms of her hands. He smiles.

"Coffee?"

"Yes, please."

"Can't promise it's going to be anything like Tsai."

"That's absolutely fine."

"How do you want it?"

"Do you have French Vanilla creamer?"

"I have it in powder form. Will that do?"

"Yes."

Hades pours the dark liquid into the grey mug, putting two spoonfuls of the powder in before adding a spoonful of sugar. He stirs it, tapping the spoon gently on the rim before he places it in front of Omisha who has put her head down.

"Long night?" he teases.

"No, but that's the best sleep I've had in a long time," she murmurs, her voice soft and still filled with sleep. "Even though it was a short sleep."

"You should go back to bed then. Coffee can wait."

"Nah. I need to be heading home soon."

"Says who?"

She looks at him, squinting.

"Do you wear glasses Omisha?"

"Yes."

"Go put your glasses on."

"Don't wanna."

Hades chuckles as he walks to her room, seeing the glass case next to her bed. He opens it, pulling out the round silver glasses. He cleans them before returning to Omisha who is taking a sip from her mug. She smiles as Hades reaches over her, gently sliding her glasses onto her face.

"There. Much better."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Hades stares down at Omisha who keeps looking up at him.

"Hades?"

He blinks.

"Sorry."

"Not enough sleep?"

"You could say that."

"And you're telling me to go back to bed."

Hades chuckles as he walks back around the counter, Omisha looking at the older man who is digging in the fridge.

"Do you prefer pancakes or waffles?"

"Waffles. They are the superior breakfast food."

"Don't let Apollo hear you say that. He believes French toast is the best."

"Who the hell wants to eat two soggy pieces of bread?"

Hades laughs as he begins to mix the ingredients together to make the waffles. He hears Omisha move and he glances up to see her grab more eggs, bacon, cheese, and other items from the fridge. He grabs the large griddle, placing it over two of the burners before turning the knobs, placing the heat on four.