Fire part 2-Virgil

warnings: death, fire, angst, and strong language.sorry it's long. Also if you are uncomfortable with fire when you see 🔥you can skip to 🌒. 

>Grivin<
*Two*   
^Virgil in head^

Written

'signed'

       The rest of breakfast is eaten in heavy silents. Virgil doesn't have to look up form his oatmeal to feel the others stares. As for the oat meal he doesn't eat much of it. Even the meager amount of blood Virgil had gotten from the deer made him feel full. Despite the fact he still has some of the oatmeal that Marry had prepared for him. Virgil's tongue picked up the faint taste of cinnamon and brown sugar. Grivin had once told him that it was unusual he could taste any thing other than blood.

      A horn honks out side signaling to the rest of the table that it is time to go to school. Everyone collects their stuff and goes out the door. Mason glares at Virgil once more before sneering  and walking after the others.

     Virgil starts to collect the dishes and start his chores before he has to do his homework. Even though the matron didn't force him to attend public school the refused for him to be uneducated. Virgil is a part of a free online school that means he spends six to seven hours a day on the computer. The screen hurt his eyes and being hunched over a computer for the last four years has taken a toll on his posture. If Virgil was to stand straight he would be an even six foot; however with his slouch he appears five, five. Technically  the online semester had yet to begin, but Virgil wants to see if he can reread the summer reading assignment. Virgil hates the book. It's a classic beauty and beast story, but instead of a hairy beast the guy is just an asshole who according to the heroin just needed to be saved. The guy supposedly had committed a horrible crime that had caused him to build walls of ice around his heart. Virgil had almost vomited at the clique. Why was it always walls of ice? Virgil had thought at the time. He knows that walls never work. Not in history, or in his personal experience. After all he had let Meg in.

"Virgil," Virgil turned to look at the head matron, "Will you come with me, please." It wasn't often that Virgil was requested by the head matron. He quickly tried to think of what he had done wrong. The only thing he had done was sneak out to feed.

      The head matrons office is a homely room at the opposite end of the building then the kitchen. A medium sized desk sits in the middle of the room. Behind the desk are shelves full of pictures. Next to the shelves is a small door that leads to a small bedroom. The door and the room are unused. Sarah is the only matron to stay at the house full time. The head matron gestured for Virgil to tack a seat.

"Virgil, I'm afraid that what Mason said is true," the older woman started as she pushed a note pad towards Virgil's side of the desk, " I've been talking to your online advisor. He feels that what you need now more so than challenging classwork is social interaction. He informed me that in you are three years advanced mathematics, science, and history. Any collage you chose should be happy to have you. For your senior year he suggests that you should be in a public school to become accustom to people and I agree."

     Virgil stared at the desk in front of him. He had always known the day would come when the matrons would ask that he attend public school.

" I'm sorry Virgil I know you don't like people." Virgil's head snapped up before he quickly starts scribbling.  

It's not that I don't like people, people don't like me. The woman's eyes widened as she reads.

"Virgil that is not true," But even as she spoke Virgil could see the look of pity in her eyes. Before could write anything in response she continued, "The school is in the city. I know it's a three hour bus ride, but there is a school for deaf kids. I am hoping you go so that Meg can go too. Please Virgil."