Chapter Fifteen. Poison

My instinct took over. I got my dagger and charged at one of the freaky waitress monster things. Her claws were like knifes, and there were headed straight for my throat. I blocked them with my dagger, then kicked her in the leg. She stumbled back, and I stabbed her in the chest. She evaporated into dust.
   I looked over to see my friends still fighting. Lucky was shooting waitresses form afar. Three of them came at her, she was forced to put her bow up and grab her knife. She was better at archery then close combat. And she needed help. I ran toward her, stabbing a waitress monster on my way. I got there just in time to block a waitress from slicing Lucky's thought open. I cut the monster's hand off, and looked away because I don't like blood. She tried to cut me, but I stabbed her first. Lucky killed one, and I killed the last one.
   "Thank you." Lucky said out of breath.
  "No problem." I said.
  "Really. You saved me."
  "That's what friends do." I wasn't sure what to say. I looked around, and there were only a few waitresses left. The one who had served us food looked perfectly fine.
"What's the point in doing this to all these people." I asked her.
"These people are are test subjects." She looked at me. "We test are poison on them. The food we serve makes them unconscious, and when we're ready we wake them up and give them a batch of are poison." She smells.
"So...you make poison to kill random people?" Annabeth asked as she stabbed a waitress.
"No. These people are are test subjects. When we discover the right formula, we'll use it on are real victims." Lucky and i are the closest to her, so she starts toward us.
"Run." I tell Lucky. "Get out of here, I'll deal will her." She looked hesitant, but she went to where are other friends were. They were fighting the remaining waitresses, and making there way to the door. I would distract this waitress while my friends and brother got out safely.
  The waitress held out her hand, and a needle suddenly append. It was filled with a green liquid. "This is are latest version." She hissed. "We've tested it before, and although it's not are final product, it will give you a lot of pain. You will die slowly and painfully." She launched toward me, and I tried to stab her, but she grabbed my hand. Making me drop my dagger. Her claws dug into my skin, blood streaming down my wrist. I gridded my teeth.
  I looked over and saw Jake stabbing the last waitress. They all ran to the door, but looked around before they left, for the first time discovering that I wasn't with them.
"Helena!" Lucky yelled.
"Go!" I screamed.
"I'll help her." Percy said.
He started running to me, The others close behind. I would've screamed "no!" But at that moment the waitress inserted the needle into my neck. She let go of my wrist and i fell over. I had never felt this much pain before. I screamed, tears ran down my face. I saw Percy stab the waitress, and she turned to dust with a hiss. He leaned down next to me, and said something I couldn't make out.
  I was losing consciousness. My pain was unbearable, i screamed and cried, thrashed in pain. It sounded like people were talking, but I didn't know who. I didn't even know who i was. Someone picked me up, making my whole body burn. My head was resting on someone's shoulder, but I had no idea who's.
I didn't know my name, or where i was, or who i was.
I was nothing.
I never was.
All there was was pain. 
It seemed like forever, when I felt different. I was still in pain, but there was something else.
Water.
I was wet.
Slowly, vary slowly, the pain lessoned, and my senses returned. And I remembered.
I am Helena.
I am a halfblood.
I am on a quest.
I got injected with poison.
I opened my eyes. I was underwater. But I wasn't drowning. And It made me felt...stronger. Someone was still holding me, it was Percy. He was underwater too. When he saw me he sighed with relief. Then he laughed at my confused look. He cared me to the surface. And we sat down in the grass. We were in a forest, right by a lake. It looked around 5:00
  I tried to move, but whatever strength the water had given me was gone, and i winched.
"Wow, take it easy." Percy said. "You just got injected with poison. Poison! You could have died!"
  Behind Percy are my friends. They looked super worried. "Sorry..." i whispered.
"What...no.....you don't need to be sorry, just.....don't do it again." Then he hugged me. I slowly hugged him back. Then I withdraw, my body aching. "Oh! Sorry!" He said.
  "It's fine. I'm fine."
  "Really?" Lucky walked over. "You look kinda......"
"What?"
  "You look exhausted." She finished.
  "I'm not......actually...i am exhausted."
  "Get some sleep." Percy said.
"Bu...."
  "Nope."  He cut me off. "You need to rest. You almost died! Besides, there's no way you can travel like this."
  "Fine. But what....how....the water?"
"I promise I'll explain everything, but right now you need to sleep."
  Annabeth gets my sleeping bag out for me, and i lay down.
I'm asleep before i ever close my eyes.