t a l k i n g

George = italics

Clay (Dream) = bold

"Hi? That you, George?"

"yeah. hi."

"What time is it for you right now?"

"2 a.m."

"Dude, why are you awake? Go to sleep."

"I can't sleep, Clay. I can't focus, can't think."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I'm in love."

"Oh! Who's the lucky person?"

"it's you, Clay."

"..."

"I don't know what to do, Clay. I can't stop thinking about you-"

"George, I-"

"and I know you don't feel the same for me but I just, I had to tell you. and being around you is torture but I also love it and I think I'm going mental. tell me I'm not insane, Clay."

"You're not insane, George. There's nothing wrong with you."

"but you don't feel the same for me. I know you don't."

"We can still be friends, nothing has to change between us."

"no we can't. we both know that's a lie. everything's already changed."

"George, you need to calm down. It's gonna be okay, dude."

"don't tell me to calm down! even if you're fine knowing this about me, I'm still in love with you. I can't just pretend like we're fine and this never happened."

"I think you should get some sleep, George. Clear your head and talk to me tomorrow."

"no! god, you're so fucking patronizing sometimes, Clay. I'm not a child you have to talk down to."

"You're lovesick, George. What do you want me to do? I don't love you back. But I care about you as a friend. And I know that sometimes late at night people get a little loopy, and don't always think straight-"

"yeah no shit I'm not thinking straight!"

"-I don't know what you want from me. What do you want me to say? I'm sorry you're in love with me, George. I'm sorry you feel like everything is ruined with us."

"I want you to hate me. or love me. I-I-I don't know. I want you to feel something for me."

"I care about you. You're my best friend."

"Please tell me something else, Clay. Please hate me."

"Maybe I hate that you're trying to get me to hate you! I don't love you, and I don't hate you! But you won't give up on this! You won't give up on me! Does that make you happy?"

"you can't do anything to make me happy."

"I'm straight."

"I'm lying awake thinking about you."

"I can't love you. I'm sorry, George."

a/n ---- yaaayyy angst