Chapter 9: Change in schedule

Ahmer saw saad vanishing into the darkness. Only a few students were now present around, Mohib, who was complaining of a slight fever, Waleed, who was lost in a kind of reverie, and a two other third years , whom he did not know well.

" This tour was organized by me you know" Waleed spoke, still looking deeply at the schedule."

" when I first approached the principal , he rejected straight away, but thanks to professor Kailash, I got approval" Waleed said with a faint smile.

Ahmer raised an eyebrow..

" Who is proff Kailash"?

" He is our demonstrator in forensic medicine. He has taken only one class so far. Only a handful of students know him. Good fellow , he made a personal request to the principal and here we are lost in pleasure, away from the boredom of classes and campus."

" seems a decent man" Ahmer muttered and sat on a torn seat near Waleed.

" I know him too" A voice called, mohib was gulping a paracetamol with his half litre pepsi now.

" I find him rather eccentric..Always remains hidden in the forensic museum . He has secured himself a tiny spot there. He usually keeps sitting there, marking journals, preparing lectures. Hardly ever comes out. Weird man" Mohib said.

" I guess every one is like that in Forensic department." Ahmer shrugged.

Waleed nodded. " Yeah part of the show.. Act scary throughout the year, to make us write those dull, rubbish practical journals.." he made a face.

" In the first week of the term, I went to the museum. To find out about timings of demo classes. My mistake..I should have just looked at the notice board.. Mohib suddenly looked a bit frightened.

" Why,. What happened.? Ahmer asked briskly.

Mohib took another sip of his pepsi ." The place was semi-lit, with all sorts of creepy insects and plants stuffed inside various chemical filled glass jars. There was a strong pungent smell. I had to struggle breath.. and then I saw something... It was a severed human head...

" NO way" Ahmer cried..

" And just when I was about to flee, a hand grasped my shoulder from behind...I was bathing in my own sweat in that non ventilated devastated horror place.. But when I turned, It was a young man with hollow face and curved sharp eyebrows. His nose a bit hooked. His complexion was ashy and his hair looked unkept and dirty thrown all over his face...

Mohib's pepsi bottle creaked under the increasingly tighter grip of his right hand.

" what did you do then" Both Ahmer and walled asked at a same time.

" Of course I ran away" Mohib looked irritated

Waleed chuckled soundlessly, as Ahmer looked at Mohib with mingled expression of amusement and seriousness.

Mohib was observing them with a probable dislike.

" Well , I believe that he was going to offer you a glass of water and offer for any help. But as you fled, he was much disappointed and unhappy as well." Waleed said as a matter of fact. " You can not disrespect demonstrators and hope to glide away smoothily through proffs." He added.

Mohib looked away.

" Do you know him well" Ahmer eyed Waleed suspiciously.. whose face illuminated with honour at once.

" Yes I am proud to say that"...