*Part 1- opportunity*

It was the the last week of school and it was Thursday . I have done my big exams and now I can relax and get ready for my summer holidays. Miss Roberts my English teacher came into our class.

We have her every day for the first class. She was in a really good mood and she asked us to listen to her as she has announcement. "Morning all you sleeping heads, ok so I wont be here for the school term in September because I going to China to work in a school for a year". No one was surprised because miss goes to China a lot to teach English to schools. "And I have great news for you since you be going into ty the dodge year as many will know it as you have the opportunity to come with me to China and learn Chinese and go to a Chinese school for the year". My eyes widen and smiled I was so happy. I wanted to be a Chinese translator when I was done school so this was the perfect time to help me improve. I know a little Chinese but I am not great at it.
"Those who want to go on the Chinese trip you can come back to me in this room at the end of the day and I can give you more information but for now at the end of this class write your name on this sheet if you are interested to go. There only 4 places and I going to all the classes in the same year group as to you". After that she continued the class but when it ended I wrote my name on the sheet.

It was last class and the bell finally rang. I went to my locker to get my books and then went straight to the classroom were miss told us to go. The door was open and miss was sitting at her desk. I gently knock on the door before I entered. "Hi miss". She looked up and she smiled at me. "Hello (y/n) I have good news and some bad news". I sat down on the table and place my bag on the floor. I looked at her nervously. "The good news is that I gland that you want to go on this trip but the bad news is no one else has signed up only you". I looked at her shocked. "Really miss... will the trip still go ahead if only like one person goes". Miss laughed and answered. "Yes of course. Now you don't have to worry about the money because the company that we are going with won a big lottery and has paid for you flight ticket and your spending money with will be €4,000 which is 30,479.23 Chinese Yuan. And has paid for the place we're staying at. The only thing your paying is your student visa which I will be helping you with. I was meant to ask why do you want to go to China instead of doing Ty". I was so excited this was a dream come true. "Miss I want to be a translator for Chinese so this would be the perfect opportunity for me and I really couldn't care less of missing Ty like I much rather go on this trip".

Miss eyes lit up and she gave me all the information to give to my parents. She told me to come back to her tomorrow at the end of the school because she tell me about the plan. I went home and I told my parents everything. They agreed to let me go and I hugged them tight and thanked them many times over and over again. "This is a great opportunity for you and for your future". My mam said to me and my dad told me "(y/n) you better talked to Tina because she be all sad but happy for you". I nodded my head and went straight to me room I called Tina who was my best friend. "Hi Tina hope you feel better". She laughed on the phone but coughed. "Hi (y/n) sorry that I wasn't in today I was really not feeling well". I told her about today and about the opportunity I had to go to China. She told me that I should do it and that she would be missing me but knew that it's something I always wanted to do.

^Skip to the next day at the end of school^
I meet miss again and she told me still no one else has signed up so it just be me and her going on the trip. "Ok (y/n) you have to pack summer clothes and winter clothes, I will provide you with masks they wear and they will have your uniform so don't worry about that, now I need to meet you a week before we leave to China so I can talk to you about culture, food and the school ok". I nodded my head.

During the whole summer I tried to spend so much time with Tina and getting everything ready for going to China. It's August 17 Monday and I had to go back to school for 2 hours for miss Roberts to talked to me about the about the history of China. Then Tuesday she talked the food. Wednesday she talked about their language and traditions and Thursday about the currency and superstitions. Everything was so interesting and I couldn't wait until she showed me what the schooled looked liked.