Part 11: A Realisation

Peridot Pov:

Sitting at dinner I felt so much better after giving that gift to Lapis, I don't know why but I just do, I guess I feel confident after properly thinking about a gift for someone. I normally just get people something standard, like socks, or a dvd or something... I wonder why I'm trying so hard to make up with Lapis? Could it be that i just feel bad? Or... is it something more? I shake off the feeling as I resume talking with everyone. Once everyone has finished their meal Lapis dismisses herself and heads upstairs, though i decide to stay and talk with everyone.

After a few minutes of talking Pearl turns to me,

"So Peridot, how are things going between you and Lapis? Are you getting along well?" I look over to her and fidget with my finger slightly,

"Well, we don't talk that much, but, I suppose we get on well enough" she nods as she clasps her hands in front of her,

"Yes, she does seem to be rather quiet, although I suppose she could be feeling anxious about moving back here" I nod slightly as I look down at the table,

"Yeah, I suppose that could be it, though I wish she would talk to me more, even just a little". The table is silent for a second before everyone resumes chatting, after a short while I decide to get up from the table and head to my room.

Walking upstairs I can hear the shower running, Lapis must be in there at the moment. I open the door to my room and collapse down into my chair, causing it to roll across the floor slightly, I stare out the window a brief second before shuffling over to my desk and pressing the power button on my computer, the monitor lighting up.

I pull out the robot I had been working on and connect it to my computer, I pull out my headphones and plug them in, deciding to put on some music to help me relax. I begin working on writing the programs I want for the robot. Around twenty minutes later I notice the door open and Lapis walk out of the corner of my eye, she walks over to her bed and turns her night light off, climbing into her bed. I try to keep the sound of my keyboard as quiet as I can so that she can get to sleep.

A short while later I save my work and sign off from my computer, unplugging the robot I was working on and putting it back in it's drawer. I pull my headphones off and place them down on my desk, leaning back in my chair slightly. My eyes drift over at Lapis to see if she's asleep yet, she's rolled over and is now facing the window above my bed, she looks so peaceful, just lying there, the orange glow from the streetlight outside lights her face slightly, the soft sound of rain hitting against the window. I scoot forward in my chair slightly, watching her breathe softly while she sleeps, she's so pretty, it makes me wonder what someone like her saw in Jasper, my eyes focus on her lips, they look so soft... I almost wish I could kiss them.

I stop and just stare for a second, the only sounds in the room being her soft breathing and the gentle sound of rain against the window, my eyes still focused on her lips. I-I want to kiss her? Am I gay? I keep staring at her, my heart beginning to beat slightly faster in my chest. Inching forward with my chair I keep my eyes on her face, her soft breathing resonating in my ear, I stare down at her as I can feel my heart beating in my chest.

... I think I'm gay.