Red and Bluebell

85 hours remaining.

The car ride was awkward to say the least. Claudia couldn't figure out why the Walker Bro's would send a hit man after them, if she had to deliver them the diamonds. It doesn't make any sense.

That is, until Bonnie piped up. "So um, he might not have been sent from the Walker's. I sorta obeyed my "love 'em and leave 'em" motto everywhere I went. And leave with a bag of the goods of course."

Just breath, in and out. Getting angry isn't going to fix anything. Claudia reminded herself, struggling to see past the red in her eyes. And by the "goods" Claudia knew that could refer to anything from drugs to weapons to cars. Once even a gang-leaders dog.

After a while they pulled up in front of a tall apartment building and stopped the car. They headed inside the building, Claudia's duffle bag slung over her shoulder, when her phone rang.

"Hello Mrs Stevens speaking," she answered instinctively as they got into the elevator, causing Bonnie's face to become cartoon-like from held back laughter.

"Hey honey, just wanted to see how things are going?" Henry said, interrupted by Heather's faint cry.

"Things are... good. Fine. I've got a lead that I'm following." Claudia responded vaguely, pressing the button for floor 7.

"That's great honey, any news on...?" He trailed off, voice filled with hope.

"No." Claudia said sadly, wishing she didn't have to be the reason why hope left his voice like a deflated balloon.

"Oh, okay. Yeah um that's okay. Hey, do you wanna talk to Jessica?" Claudia said yes immediately, perking up.

"Hi mom!" Jessica's sweet voice came through the receiver, "kicked any bad guy butt yet?"

"Is your daddy listening?" Claudia whispered.

"No, he's changing Heather's diaper," Jessica whispered back, giggling.

"Yes, I did. But that's our little secret, okay?" Claudia whispered back, mouth twisting into a smile at the sound of Jessica's squeal.

"Yes captain, my lips are sealed." She said seriously before they said goodbye. Claudia placed her phone back in her pocket, the ghost of a smile still on her face. But now it was twinged with sadness and homesickness.

"How old?" Bonnie asked from where she leaned against the elevator railing. Claudia glanced at her briefly before looking away, watching the floors climb steadily.

"Jessica's six. Heather is almost a year old." She responded flatly to which Bonnie just nodded. The silence was palpable and made worse by the metal box. Bonnie scrunched up her nose, absentmindedly massaging her shoulder.

"Where are we going?" Bonnie asked and Claudia looked over, surprised, as they stepped out of the lift.

"You don't remember this place?"

"It's been ten years. A lot has changed." Bonnie snapped, for the first time loosing her 'ditsy and playful' vibe, letting Claudia see the hard rock interior she'd sensed back at the house.

You're telling me. Claudia thought, but she suspected there was more too it. She walked over to a door at the end and knocked exactly six times. A response of six thuds against the door sounded before it was opened. Claudia stepped through, Bonnie following behind her.

"Long time no see Black." Claudia heard a voice call from within and then a groan from behind her.

"Not her." Bonnie mumbled, shuffling her feet, look of absolute disgust on her face.