Making a move

The next day, Hermione was sorting out her bag and found the letter from Draco.

'Hermione,
I'm sorry about what I said. I shouldn't have been so forward, and I apologise I hope I haven't ruined my chances with you. I just wanted to let you know that I want to get to know you, and I've liked you for years. I hope you will think about it.
Draco'

She decided to take a walk to the lake, and find a quiet spot to clear her head remembering Luna had said she liked it there. The sun glistened over the lake, it was a cold but nice day. After an hour or so, Hermione spotted Luna sitting not far away from her and decided to go and join her; it might be nice to have some company.

'What's happening between you and Draco then?' Luna asked when Hermione had gone over to her. 'I saw him speaking to you at breakfast the other day'

Hermione hesitated for a moment, unsure whether to confide in Luna. 'I'm not sure' she finally replied, it might be good to get a second opinion. 'He's so confusing, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for another relationship yet after Ron, and especially not with someone who messes with my head so much. I don't know if he's worth it'

'I see' replied Luna. 'You two make a good match though, I can see it. You both have something similar about you, deep down. You might not even realise it yet.'

Hermione thought a lot about what Luna had said to her all afternoon, and decided she would write a note back to Draco asking him to meet up with her tomorrow. But she'd make it somewhere public, so she didn't feel as nervous. Maybe she could invite him for a walk around the grounds?

That night at dinner, she walked past where he was sitting and slipped the note into his pocket. He looked up at her, staring right into her eyes, pleased to have got a reply. He left dinner as soon as he'd eaten and hurried back to his dormitory to open the letter in secret.

'Draco,
I've thought about what you said, and I want to get to know you too. Will you meet me tomorrow at 11 by the great hall entrance? I fancy a walk around the grounds if you want to join me.
Hermione'

That night, Hermione struggled to get to sleep. The thought of him standing her up kept whirling through her head; the fear of the embarrassment she would get made her anxiety really high. She did not sleep well that night, worrying about what was going to happen the next day all night long.