Field Trip Failure

The bus was late. Who's idea was this? Oh yeah, the preps. For the big Junior College Trip they thought it would be a "fantabulous" idea to get a bus STRICLTY for Juniors. The reason they got away with it was they had to have one chaperone, Ms. Peterson, but she really wasn't much of a chaperone... she was an oversized teenager that would never let go of high school. But that was okay with Katrina.

        But where was the bus? Didn't they hire the speedy always hungover driver? Maybe he was finally in jail... Just then, the bus finally came. It wasn't the drunk behind the wheel, it was the freak instead. Her brother and sister used to try scaring Katrina by saying she was a serial killer that always went after the youngest in the family. Unfortunately for Katrina, that just so happened to be her. As a kid she was terrified of this woman, now she just found herself annoyed with her brother, that left a long time ago, her sister and this slob. Katrina was hestitant to get in, not out of fear. But out of disgust. "Come on!" The driver snapped. "We don't have all day!" 

        "Maybe if you were on time for once...." Katrina muttered. 

        "Excuse me!" Katrina ignored the crazy lady and sat down by her friends-or should she say aquaintences. Yes, aquaintances seemed like a more appropriate term. The aquaintances gabbed and gabbed about nothing revelant. But then again, that was a fangirl for you. She tried talking to the bookworms, but they ignroed her as usual. She just listened to music and sat there pretending to text mostly. The only person who texted her that day was her sister. 

        They never made it to the college, or at least Katrina didn't...The lovely driver sat at every stop sign for at least five minutes. The girl behind her, Nikki, finally said something. "It's not going to turn green! Just go!" The students and even Ms. Peterson laughed. She was so cool-if you take out the fact that she did the dirty with many sports players and probably would have with her brother if she had the chance.... Katrina shuddered at the thought. "Come on! Are you stoned or something?!" Everyone except a select few stopped laughing. 

        "I wish I was!" One of the potheads yelled. The rest agreed and high fived.

        "Nikki!" Ms. Peterson yelled. She never yelled. "Don't be so rude!" Nikki rolled her eyes.

        "Sorry." She said, sitting back down." She wasn't really sorry. The driver said she should be given a detention or some sort of punishment. Ms. Peterson asssured her there woul be. Everyone knew there really wouldn't be. The driver glared at Nikki through the mirror. Amanda, one of the preps, screamed. That's when everyone felt the blow. The driver slammed into a pole.

        Luckily no one was hurt.The preps freaked out and cried, but they weren't hurt. Just afraid. Katrina would probably be doing the same thing if her family wasn't full of crazier drivers. Screams got louder and more panicked. Not everyone was okay. Two people were hurt. Much worse than just hurt, the driver and Ms. Peterson were dead. That's when everyone freaked out! Shania, a wallflower, like Katrina, calmed everyone down. There was another problem. None of their phones had service. They were in an extremely small town. It didn't even have a bar. Only a church, graveyard and a few houses. Most were abandoned or run down. Buit they needed help.

        The students were seperated into three groups to try to find at least one house they could use the phone to get helped. The students walked in seperate directions, forgetting all about Katrina. How quaint. She tried joining the group of aquantances.The look Nikki gave her told her to go alone, but her mouth said otherwise. "Why don't you just wait for someone to get help? Hold down the fort. Don't. Do. Anything." Katrina nodded and stayed quiet. She changed her mind on the way back to the bus.