Chapter 1

Tsukki: I feel sick. I'm not coming to school today.

Yamaguchi feels his heart sink a little as he reads the text from his best friend. He tells himself that it's because he doesn't want Tsukki to be sick but deep down he knows why. He knows why he gets a warm feeling in his chest when he's around the tall boy, or why he gets butterflies when the blonde smiles at him.

Yams: Ok, I'll tell Daichi. Hope you feel better soon!

The freckled boy continues to walk to practice as he pockets his phone.

I suppose I'll have to sit with Hinata and Kageyama at lunch today again. They're always so loud though...

"Hinata you dumbass! You got a head start!"

Yamaguchi turns around to see the two people he was just thinking about racing to the gym. He jumps out of the way before they can trample him and shakes his head as he watches them run. Where do they get all of that energy?

-o0o-

"Hey! You're Yamaguchi right? Aren't you always hanging out with that french fry?"

Tadashi looks up at the sound of the voice. He had just been looking around for a table when the girl approached him. She had green eyes and black hair, which contrasts against her pale skin. She's pretty tall too, maybe just a few inches shorter than him.

"You mean Tsukki?" He asks, a bit confused.

"Is that his name? The tall blonde scary looking guy?" The girl scrunches her face in concentration and Yamaguchi laughs.

"Yeah that's him. Why?"

"It's weird seeing you two apart. Anyway, come sit with me! I have a spot on the roof! I'm Kojima Himari!" She says with a hopeful tone in her voice.

"Uhhh, ok?" Tadashi says and follows her, wondering if she's planning something bad.

He notices that two of her fingers are wrapped together.

"Hey what happened to your fingers?" He asks.

"What? Oh those. Right, I play volleyball and I was trying to receive this super strong serve and kinda just... well- failed," she laughs a bit and then her eyes widen, "Wait! That's where I know you from! You play volleyball on the boys team right? I saw one of your games! You scored like- five points in a row by just serving! It was so awesome!" She starts jumping a bit and Yamaguchi is reminded of Hinata.

"Thanks!" He says bashfully as they sit down. She doesn't seem bad, but typically the only reasons girls approached him was because of Tsukki.

"Hmmm, doesn't the boy's team have that small girl manager? The one that's always frightened?" Kojima asks as she eats some chicken.

"Oh, that's Yachi! She's really nice!" Tadashi says happily.

"She's cute too," mumbles Himari in such a low voice she thought the boy wouldn't hear it.

"You think so?" Yamaguchi asks, tilting his head at her.

"Ack! You heard that! I mean do you think that's weird cau-"

"No it's perfectly normal! I'm gay!" He blurts out before he realizes what he said and there's an awkward silence.

Kojima bursts out laughing and doubles over, "What the hell just happened there?" She gets out between wheezes.

Not as nervous anymore Tadashi starts laughing a bit too, "Not sure," he smiles at her.

"Well if you can't tell I'm a striving lesbian!" She says, "I don't usually tell people that quickly though,"