•PROLOGUE

When I was little, I would often be told I look just like my parents. I would sometimes accompany my mom to take tours of the office she worked for, and all of her coworkers would tell me that my face looks just like her own, and that we both had the same shiny hair. Looking back at that point, and now that I am older, I feel as if they were just trying to stay on my mother's good-side by flattering her. The situation with my father was similar. Before he became a liability, I would insist on helping him run errands for the house, and everybody would always exclaim how much we look alike, and how our eyes are identical. I surely was their daughter. And when I was about four, I told my mother that I wanted to be a hero.

That happened as far back as I can remember; and although I was young, that was also the age that I started to realize that my life wasn't even my own.

Mom and Dad blew their absolute shit when I said that I wanted to be a hero. My mom never became the kind of hero that she wanted to be, even though she landed just below the top 10. I guess that wasn't good enough for her though, because she started to live vicariously through me. My Dad too, because he wanted me to be the kind of hero that aligned with my Mom's and his definition.

Their definition of the word 'Hero' must have been much different from mine.

What they did to help 'train' me wasn't very heroic. I didn't want that kind of help.

Because my definition of a hero was so extremely different, my mom and dad were always correcting me. It wasn't long before I nearly forgot about my definition and partially abandoned my thoughts, and was groomed to believe something else. Yet every once in a while, I couldn't help but let my mind wander to what I could be if I had control of my own life. I learned to keep that to myself though.

So perhaps, the absence of my parents in my later years was a blessing in disguise. Now that they're gone, I can rediscover what it means to be a hero. My kind of hero.

However, I fear that the hero society does not like my definition. They like to put rules and regulations on saving people, which isn't all that fair. But what could I do about it? For the longest time, it seemed like nothing. All of the other people like me saw it as nothing. Well, I guess it is a good thing that I tend to be stubborn. You cannot expect everybody to adhere to a broken world, can you?

Hey everyone, this is a rewrite of my book She's My Hero. It was the second book I ever wrote, and I was a novice writer when I first started it. Because of that, I didn't know how to handle the pressure I felt. I abandoned my ideas and wrote what I thought people wanted to see, and that just fucked it up more.

I became disappointed with the actual book, but I loved the story so much that I didn't want to just leave myself feeling unsatisfied with something that could have been amazing. I'm going to write it the way that I want to now. Because of this, this story will be completely different from the original. To anybody who has already read it, I encourage you to stick around, because this will be something completely different, while also maintaining a similar atmosphere and idea.

Also since it was my second book I fell victim to so many cliches and it was actual dog water I'm so sorry you had to read that shit its fucking embarrassing.