Chris

Chris Daniels

"This is fun isn't it Danny?" I asked my brother. I thought he was standing strong, right next to me, but as I turned around, I saw him slumping on his knees to the ground.

"DANNY!" I yelled.

I zipped down his sweater. A pool of blood was left in his white t- shirt.

He was shot.

"DANNY NO! PLEASE STAY WITH ME!"

Tears immediately formed in my eyes.

I held his body in my arms.

"Danny. Don't leave me, please. I need you!"

He coughed up blood.

"It's going to be o-okay little sis.  Trust- Chris. I love you."

"I love you too."

I didn't even realize until later he said "Trust Chris."

And then, the once beautiful light, left his eyes.

My hands were shaking, and covered with blood.

"GUYS. STOP! WE NEED TO LEAVE NOW! DANNY'S DEAD!" I yelled, loud enough to catch my gangs attention.

Danny was our leader. He was also my big brother, and best friend.

We were in a shooting with our enemy gang, and we usually won because the other gang retreated. But, this was the biggest loss we've ever had.

I started wailing.

"I- I love you big bro." I slowly removed his body off of me and ran to the car. I stayed in there and a few minutes later, the rest of the guys loaded in.

I could tell they were holding back tears. Their eyes were red, and I heard sniffles.

My best friend in the group grabbed me and held me tight. I sobbed into his shirt.

And when we got home, it was clear that the energy was down. And soon, I would have to be the one to take over as leader. Considering I was his little sister.

"So, what do you guys want for dinner?" Bryan asked. (Gang member)

No one answered.

"SO ARE JUST GOING TO PRETEND THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN OUT THERE?" I heard Chris yell.

He was my brother's best friend since we were kids. But we never really talked.

"C'MON GUYS! WE ALL LOST SOMEONE IMPORTANT TO US TODAY AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO EVEN TRY AND HONOR HIM?"

Silence again. Before I burst into tears.

"H-he's gone! He's really gone!" I wailed. I heard all the pity in the room.

Those who knew Danny and mines past, understood.

Our parents passed away when I was born, and so he raised me. They were in a gang too, and since they were the leaders and their members were loyal, they agreed to raise us.

But never well. So my brother was the one who made sure I ate and was cleaned.

And now, he died just like how our parents did.

"I- I need some time. I hope you guys can understand that I can't even try and lead right now."

"Yeah of course."

"So as Danny wanted, Chris would fill in as leader until Y/N was ready." Len said. (Gang Member)

"Yes I will. But I need to talk with Y/N for a bit, and sort some stuff up. C'mon let's go."

He walked with me upstairs, and into the room.

I was still crying, and he was still hugging me. Before he started crying too.

"Listen. It's going to be okay. You know your brother, he wouldn't have wanted you to cry. He wants you to be strong. And so, he left me to train you, and protect you. To always be by your side, give my life to you, at any circumstance."

"What? What do you mean."

"I mean, he left me in charge of you. And that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to be there for you."

"Oh. Well I don't need it. I'm fine."

"No you're not. I know how you feel, he was like a brother to me. And now, I'm going to take care of you, as his death wish."

"Whatever. Can- you leave, please?"

"Ah I can't do that. And I never will. Because I left your brother for one second and look where he ended up...."

I started to think about the shooting.

"H-hey. Where were you when we were shooting? You weren't in your usual position."

"Oh I uh-" He scratched the back of his head.

"I switched. I thought I needed a closer shot."

"You know what bothers me the most..? I didn't even see who killed him. If I did, I would've hunted them down to the ends of the earth and made sure they felt the pain he did. But yet, I didn't. I let my emotions take over me."

He stayed quiet. He violently started sweating.

"I don't want to talk about his death anymore. It makes me so frustrated too, that I wasn't there to help him."

"Oh sorry. Didn't want to bother you. You know I think I just need some sleep. That will help a lot." I told him.

"Yeah. Do you want me here, just in case you like get a nightmare or something?"

"Oh.. I think my screams will wake you up but thanks."

He nodded and left.

I quietly sobbed in my pillow. My brother, my role model, was gone.

-This chapter was done by Sophia urbooso