Chapter 15- Best Friends

I run to his body that may be alive. I check his pulse, nothing. I have to get him to the hospital fast; I might still have some time before he's actually gone.

I get his arms and wrap them around my shoulders, and if he wasn't unconscious, I would have butterflies flying in my stomach right now.

I open my mouth to scream help, but then I remember this place is filled with people that hate Carl and me.

I walk down the hall, and I hear a door open behind me. I can't turn around very well with Carl on my back.

I turn around very slowly and cautiously. Foxface is already right beside me when I turn around completely.

"Hey, we followed Finnick and them here. We saw them carry you and Carl with a sack over your head," says Foxface in a whisper.

"Wait," I reply, "what do you mean we?"

Nicole walks out of the same door Foxface walked out of.

"Hey," she looks looks up from her shoes, "yeah, we saw everything. So, we kind of came to your rescue..."

"Well..." I set Carl down gently and look at them like they're stupid.

"Oh, right," they say at the same time.

Nicole gets the middle of his back because she's the strongest of us three, Foxface gets his feet, and I get his shoulders. Every once in awhile, I can't help but stare at his black hair and pale skin. Even though he might be close to death, he's still more handsome than ever.

When we finally get outside, I see no gates with bobbed-wire around the top; I see a forest with a small bobbed-wired fence that you would use to keep animals in.

Carl begins to become very heavy, so I set him down on the grass gently, and Foxface and Nicole do the same.

Foxface huffs for air, "There has got to be a way to get to a hospital."

"Wait, Carl's phone!" I reply excitedly.

I rush through Carl's pockets and find his phone in his jacket. Nicole dials 911 and puts it on speaker phone while I check his pulse.

"He's breathing! He is actually breathing!" I exclaim.

"What?! What kind of 911 doesn't know how to pick up the phone. Yeah, thanks a lot for helping our friend die!" Nicole screams at the phone.

"Nicole, chill. We can call Dixon," says Foxface.

"Yeah... ok," she replies.

On the fourth ring, Dixon picks up.

"Yello?" asks Dixon in his cool tone.

"Hey, Dixon, it's Jordyn Samuels," Nicole bends down to give me the phone, "Carl and I got kidnapped, and he is barely breathing. We need to get him to the hospital fast. Please come and get us! Hurry please!"

"Ok, ok. Where are you?" I hear his car door slam trough the phone.

"Um..."

I turn and look at them, and Foxface takes the phone away from me and holds it to her mouth like a walkie-talkie, "We're at the abandoned prison beside Hickory Forest. Hurry and get down here."

She hangs up, and we sit there and wait there impatiently for Dixon to arrive.

________________________________

When Dixon finally arrives, he picks Carl up and puts him on his shoulder and turns around to see Nicole running her fingers through her hair, but she quickly stops when she sees Dixon staring.