Chapter 7 : At Long Last Comes The Awaited Midnight

It was 12:00 noon when the four stopped in their tracks as they reached their destination...

They all arrived at the Furuhashi Residence. "Wow this is the first time I've seen Fumi-chan's place! It's so big and beautiful", said Asumi. "Who knew she was this rich? I'm now having second thoughts on our gifts." said Mafuyu. "That doesn't really matter right? We all came here to give her our best support." said Uruka. "Now that we're here, let's go ring the noon bell for her", said Rizu as she pressed on the doorbell

*DING DONG*

Someone came out of the Furuhashi Household and opened the gates. "Professor Reiji-san" said Rizu. "What business do you have here Ogata-san and the others?" asked Reiji. "Furuhashi-san we all came here to prepare for your daughter's birthday" said Mafuyu as she introduced herself as Fumino's teacher. "It's an honor to have you all here for the celebration of my daughter's birthday. This is the first time she's ever invited people to celebrate her birthday here." said Reiji.

"Furuhashi-san the truth is... she did not really invite us. We actually came here to surprise her and celebrate her birthday at midnight." explained Asumi. "We already planned a lot and got these things to prepare a surprise for her" said Uruka as she brought out all of the materials they needed for the preparation.

Reiji thought to himself "You have yourself some wonderful friends Fumino..." He then welcomed them all inside the house as he prepared some drinks for everyone. "Where is Fumino, Professor Reiji-san?" asked Rizu. "She's not here" said Reiji. They were all surprised when Reiji said that so they all asked "Why?" Reiji then explained "She went out for a bit to buy groceries. She'll be back soon".

"This gives you time to prepare right? There's a lot of open space at the backyard, you may use it as much as you want" said Reiji. "That would be great Furuhashi-san. Thank you" they all replied.

"Given the circumstances as they are now, will he come? Don't read that notebook 'till midnight Yuiga-san ..." Reiji thought to himself as helped the girls for the preparation.

Meanwhile along the streets, Fumino was walking on her way to the grocery store thinking "So what will I cook for myself this time? I hope I can make it good for my birthday, since I always mess up". She was about to enter the grocery store but then suddenly she sensed a red string of fate as she saw the dazzling beauty of the same "thing" that Yuiga witnessed before. "Wow that's pretty" she said to herself. "I can't believe they are selling a lot of these and they are all expensive. That's it I've decided. This will be the perfect gift for myself" she said as she counted all of her pocket money.

"I'm short of 100 yen. Why didn't I bring enough money?" she said as she felt down that she wasn't able to buy the perfect gift for herself. "I guess I'll just have to buy groceries then ..." she said as she went on her way home looking sad.

She then thought to herself "I'll be celebrating my birthday all alone again. I guess should have invited them at my place. But because of what I did, it seems like inviting them would only worsen things". She wondered on her way "It seems like Nariyuki-kun won't be there too since my birthday is on a weekend."

Memories of the past reminded her of her birthday with Yuiga where a silly incident happened. Although it was subtle, she found herself smiling again at the thought of Yuiga. "Alone or not, my birthday is still my birthday. I guess I'll just celebrate it as usual as I doubt it that Father would even think about preparing for something. He's not the type to do that anyway" she said as she smiled. "All right it's time to head back home, I still have to prepare a lot of things!"

~At 6:00 PM in the Furuhashi Household~

"She's here! We have to hide quickly" said Uruka. "But where will we hide Uruka-chan?" asked Rizu. "You all stay here at the backyard. It's too late for you to hide now. I'll prevent her from getting here. She's hardly ever been in here anyway" said Reiji as he opened the gates for Fumino.