5

tw: explicit language.

"see?  i told you i'd call you."

"never doubted you for a second," terushima replies with a smile on his face.  he was sitting on the side of his bed, watching his two little brothers run past his opened door every so often as he talked to the crow.

"don't you have a lot of work, teru?  you are probably the smartest kid i know, being in class seven," yamaguchi compliments.  terushima rubs his cheeks, holding back a large smile at the praise.  most people forgot that he, a crazy party kid, was in class seven, and was still doing well with all the coursework. 

terushima shrugs to himself, acting nonchalant.  after getting up to close his door when his brothers began to shriek as his father joined the situation, he jumps on his bed.  "uumph- yeah, i do, but i try to get a lot of it done at school.  some of my classmates do it with me so it's not horrible."

"oh, that's nice!  tsuuki is in class five with me, so we'll sometimes do our homework together too!" yamaguchi's happy voice comes from over the phone.  the boy in yellow nods at the information, as if yamaguchi was right in front of him. 

"that's cool," the bottle blond says, looking up at his ceiling.  he honestly didn't mind the tall blond; he just gave off a scary aura.  kinda iffy on the vibe check.  

"what are you doing now?"

"talking to you."

"no, dummy, besides that!"

terushima chuckles, staring up at his ceiling.  "nothing really, my little bros are screaming their heads off though," the boy says with a little laugh.  yamaguchi laughs as well, and the blond feels another pang in his chest. 

"i wish i had siblings.  akiteru, tsuuki's older brother, is the best i got."

"oh, trust me.  you don't want them!"

•••

terushima ran into school the next day, it being a friday.  quickly seeing his two closest friends, he slipped through the crowd of light olive-colored blazers and over to the pair.  they were talking to a group of chicks, trying to be smooth when the bottle blond entered the equation. 

"'sup bros!" he says, a cocky grin on his face as he receives a brofist from both bobata and futamata.  waving at the girls,  he heard a chorus of girly giggles as he dragged the two boys away. 

"aw, goddamn it, man, we were just about to get their numbers," bobata whines, but allows himself to get pulled away nonetheless. 

terushima looks back with a broad smile, overly happy.  "i got you covered, i'll give you their numbers after school," he says with a teasing wink; bobata's face goes red with embarrassment, fumbling, while futamata just clonked terushima on the head.

"you're in an oddly good mood.  what's got you so excited?" the ravenet setter asks, tilting his head to the side as they entered the main classroom hall. 

"can't i just be in a good mood?" the blond sticks out his pierced tongue at his two friends, who both laugh.  futamata rolled his eyes, but he didn't counter his friend. 

instead, futamata just wrapped an arm around the boy in yellow's shoulders, bobata containing a loud laugh at terushima's confused look.  "well, hate to break it to you, but your mood is gonna plummet when i finish my sentence." terushima's eyes filled with dread and his bright, crooked smile falters nervously. 

"bobata fucked your bike."

•••

the three friends stood in front of bobata's house, wrangled pieces of yellow aluminum and rubber collected into a pile.  terushima had his hands in his hair, stressing out.  "i gave it to you for not even a full day!" the boy shouted at his crying-from-laughter friends.