When He Slaps You - Jeon Jungkook

When He Slaps You; 🐰🐛
Jeon Jungkook // kookie._.crumbs

I hate rain.

Why can't it just do it's job?  Water the plants and leave!

You think to yourself as you step inside, wiping your feet and putting away your umbrella.
Sighing, you look around the room while thinking about the oh-so-fabulous day you had at work. Usually, you're calm and collected, and typically, you find joy in the soft pitter patter of rain drops all around you.

But sadly, 'usually' doesn't mean always, and 'typically' doesn't mean forever. Your boss, who suffers from an extreme case of Astraphobia (fear of thunderstorms) left early to avoid the bad weather.... to others, your boss leaving early would be a good thing..... unless he leaves all of his unfinished work to his secretary, a.k.a, you.

To top that off, a shipment to the company was running late because of the weather, meaning that you had to stay even longer to wait for it's arrival. Knowing you were going to be home late, you had stepped outside for a minute to call your lovely boyfriend, Jungkook, and let him know. But being that you are just about the unluckiest person on earth, you slipped going down the stairs and dropped your phone in a puddle before having the chance to call him.

As you reminisce about the unfortunate events that have tormented your brain for the last 6 hours, a loud authoritative voice can be heard from the top of the stairwell.

"Where the hell have you been?!"

Sighing, you turn to catch your boyfriend's distressed figure coming down the stairs.

"Hey baby, sorry I'm l-"

"I didn't ask for your excuses! Tell me where you were!" He snaps, shocking you. Despite being an idol and having a very stressful life, Jungkook is usually the most patient and understanding boyfriend you could ask for. You've never seen him this angry before. Due to the shock you're facing because of his sudden anger and harsh tone, you stare at him without speaking for a few seconds.

"Nothing to say, huh? Typical." He turns and retreats back up the stairs as you panic, not wanting to let the problem go unsolved.

"Wait!" He stops and turns to you, cocking one eyebrow and waiting for you to continue. Taking a deep breath, you calmly and briefly explain your work situation and why you didn't call, taking notice to the looks of disbelief he sends you after every sentence.

Finishing your story, you wait for him to make a comment but instead, he catches you by surprise when he lets out a dry chuckle and rolls his eyes.

"Come on Y/n, you really think I'm going to believe that you're just that unlucky? I honestly doubt the universe hates you that much."

"Well take it up with the universe if you don't believe me!" You retort back before walking into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

He scoffs, "You have the audacity to cheat on me but can't even make up a decent excuse." You hear him from behind you, making you choke on your water.

"Cheat on you?!? Who the hell says I'm cheating on you?!"

"Don't act coy Y/n, why else would you come home at almost 2 in the morning?"

"Uh maybe because I had to work late?" You add matter-of-factly.

"Sure Y/n, whatever you have to tell yourself." He turns to the stairs once again before being stopped for the second time.