Chapter 2

Alexis POV:

EERR!EERR!EERR! My alarm woke me up, but I hear an ear-piercing scream that scares me. I ran upstairs and Peggy and Maria are trying to close the door while Jefferson and Reynolds are trying to break in. Really guys, the first day you're here and you're trying to get into their room. Then I looked closer and realized Maria didn't have on a shirt, just the sports bra I gave her. I see now, but still I grabbed my whistle and blew it furiously, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?! WHAT DID I SAY YESTERDAY? DO YOU NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING I SAY?!" They stopped trying to barge in and headed back to their rooms. I'll give them their phones tomorrow. They don't deserve an iPhone XR. I checked my fridge and found a bunch of eggs and bacon. So I scrambled the eggs and fried the bacon, and made everyone French toast. I called everyone down and they came running down the stairs like a bunch of wild animals. Dang they must really be hungry. I decided to make some Mac and cheese for the gang. I put the pot of water and the stove and waited until it boiled so I could put in the pasta. After 5 minutes, it be an to boil and I added the shells. They watched me and looked totally confused. I just ignored them and strained the macaroni and doused them with cheese and butter. I stirred it until it was one, gooey, cheesy mass and put them in bowls and handed out plates for the toast, eggs, and bacon."This is a common American breakfast. We almost always eat eggs and bacon, which is a meat that comes from the pig. French toast is also common, it is bread with eggs and cinnamon. Now, you can eat." I went to the top of the shelf and grabbed some Frosted Flakes, "This is cereal. People eat it a lot because all you need is milk." Philip looked at the box, "What is that orange animal?" "Oh, it's a tiger." I explained. Everyone looked confused as well, but I just grabbed the milk, poured it in the bowl with cereal, and grabbed a spoon. Then  I sat down and started to eat.

They stared at it, then Herc finally started to eat, and soon G-Wash, and soon everyone started eating their food. 

"Wow this is AMAZING!! I WANT TO EAT THIS EVERYDAY!" I guess Thomas liked it that much. "It's not that great, but it is kinda tasty." Eliza said. Everyone but Thomas nodded in agreement. I waited and after they finished, Eliza helped me wash the dishes. She is so kind.

I grabbed the box of phones from my closet so I could pass them out. "Yo! Everyone to the living room please! I have a surprise present for all of you." They ran to the living room and Thomas and George were bubbling with excitement. They looked like they were about to burst. I got them phones with matching cases from their clothes from before, making it easier to tell who's phone is who's. I handed the girls their phones first. Maria's phone case was red, Theodosia's was light purple, Angie's was light pink, Eliza's was light blue, and Peggy's was light yellow. "Ah, are these the same devices that you had? Fascinating!" Angie was especially excited to use hers. I handed the boys their phones next. Hamilton's was green, Laf's was blue and gold, Herc's was dark blue with stripes, John's was blue with a turtle on the back, Burr's was black and purple, G-Wash's was black, Madison's was grey, Philip's was blueish-grey, Lee's was dark blue with a puppy, Seabury's was black and white, and George's was red and gold. I didn't hand one to Jefferson or Reynolds because they need to learn to behave. "Ok, Jefferson and Reynolds, if you're wondering why you didn't get a phone, it's because you tried to break into the girls' room. Make sure you don't do that again because I will get Maiya over here and we'll beat your ass. So basically these are smartphones. As I said before, these phones can be used for many things, such as calling people from miles away and communicating. I didn't  put locks or passcodes on them, just a face recognition. I set up your phones while you were asleep. Open your phone by pressing the button on the right and put your face near the phone. It should open automatically. Next you will see a grey icon with a person. That app is contacts. If you look at the contacts, your name and my name pop up. Click your name and you can see your phone number. To add a contact so you could talk to each other, share your numbers with your friends. Now swipe up to exit out of the app. There should be an a green icon with a speech bubble. Open I and click send a new message. Since you added contacts, pick who you want to text. To text more than one person, just type in more people. That's how you make a group chat." Alex and G-Wash looked puzzled at the new technology. "How do you call people?" Alex asked, "Oh you just click the green icon with the phone on it. Just click a contact and press call." I explained. This was gonna take a lot of work. "Ok swipe up and exit and click the yellow icon with the ghost. This is Snapchat. You can follow different people. Just sign up by using your first and last name. They will ask you for your birthday, but just use the same year I was born, which was 1998. Then they will ask you for your phone number, just put it in and it should send you a code through messages. Copy the code and put it in. Make a password and now you've created a Snapchat. Now there's another app called Bitmoji. Open it and connect it with Snapchat. Now just create it to make it look like you. I have to go shower so I'll be right back. Don't move. Actually, guys. One more thing, Thomas and Reynolds you can get your phones. I'm pretty sure Alex can help one of you."