冬 : regrets

edited.

"are you happy now?"

sakura glanced at hyewon - her bestfriend, who's sitting beside her, questioning her again with those questions. she knew hyewon would actually ask her everyday, eversince that day happened.

the japanese sighed, memories of her and chaeyeon gushed through her minds when they were still together. she regrets everything. she missed those old times, yet she took all of it for granted.

"sakura-chan," chaeyeon called out, waving her hands up as she smiled cheerfully.

sakura was nervous as chaeyeon ran towards her direction. she's a new transferred student at chaeyeon's school and since she's a japanese, she had a hard time on catching up but gladly, chaeyeon was the first one who approached and even helped her.

"let's eat lunch together!" chaeyeon, who was already in front of her muttered.

the japanese can feel her cheeks burning, she looked down as she can't really look directly into chaeyeon's eyes. she admit she had a crush on her, she's just too timid to confess.

chaeyeon was confused because of what the japanese had response. she noticed how pale sakura's face when she's around, slightly seemed nervous. the japanese was actually acting strange recently, and she was worried.

"saku-chan, are you alright?" chaeyeon asked. she placed her palm on sakura's forehead, checking her temperature in a simple way. sakura almost flinched because of that, but she thought it would be very obvious so she just let chaeyeon.

chaeyeon removed her hand, "your temperature seemed okay, are you feeling well?" she asked.

sakura immediately shook her head, "yes, i'm not sick. maybe i'm just a little bit hungry."

with that, chaeyeon locked her hand together with sakura's. the japanese blushed as she looked at chaeyeon, but the girl doesn't seem to have any intentions, after all they're friends.

"let's go the the cafeteria, my treat!"

sakura slowly nodded before chaeyeon dragged her to the place. and chaeyeon did treat her some food, both of them sat down on a table and started eating.

sakura sighed. she wanted to confess to chaeyeon. they had been friends for a long time and she couldn't help it but to actually fall for chaeyeon.

she gulped, gathering the remaining confidence in her body as she look at her.

she wanted to tousle her hair when their eyes met. chaeyeon's eyes were looking directly towards hers, it's like reading her mind and soul.

"chae..."

chaeyeon smiled, slightly nodding as she gave permission for her to talk.

the japanese inhaled, "i had something to tell you."

"what is it?"

sakura stiffened. she wanted to curse herself. really sakura? you'll confess to her inside the cafeteria? she thought in her mind.

"i..." she blurted out, "i know this may be cheap since i'm going to tell you this, now and here." she continued.

"lee chaeyeon, i had liked you for months. i just can't say it directly to you, and i'm afraid if you'll refuse. but i had already think of it, and it's fine for me if you don't like me back."