The meeting

It has been another two weeks since Varian saw the girl for the first time. He has been staring out the window 24/7, but she hadn't passed again. It was weird, he still had to press six buttons before he finally got the right channel on the TV, but he could remember the smallest details he noticed about the girl. How she had the (color) leash from the dog wrapped 3 times around her hand, how fast her pace was, a bit of dirt on her leg and shirt, probaly from the dog jumping on her. Varian let out a sigh as he looked out again. "She still hasn't passed... Maybe I just dreamt I saw her." He thought dissapointed. He heard a strange sound echoing through the hall. "What is that?" He muttered and stood up, following the noise. He came at the door just in time to see Ruddiger running through the garden. "No! Ruddiger, get back here!" Varian bolted out the door, jumped/climbed (idk) over the fence and chased Ruddiger around the neighbourhood. He was so focused, he didn't pay attention to his surroundings, and bumped into someone, making them both rolling over the ground. "Oh, sorry. I didn't see you." A sweet voice said. "No, no, no. It was my fault. I should be apole-" His voice faded as he saw who he ran into. "Nononononononono! All the people and I run into her! The prettiest girl ever. Oh no, Varian, how do you fix this?" He thought. "Well, at least you caught my dog. So, thanks." Varian turned and saw he had fallen on the leash. "Oh, uhh, hehe, convenient." He said and handed her the leash. "I'm (Y/n)." She smiled and Varian felt his heart melt. "I-I'm Varian." "Nice to meet you, Varian." Varian nodded before he remembered why he was outside. "Ruddiger! Oh no, how am I going to find him?" "I'll help you look. It's kinda my fault you lost track of him. I'll just drop off (D/n) at home, that'll be easier." (Y/n) said, gesturing to the (breed) puppy. "Thanks, I'll come with you, maybe he went that way." They walked with a fast pace, chatting a little. "So, what do you do in your free time? I do (hobby)." (Y/n) asked him. "Cool. I like science, especially alchemy. I also like inventing, but I haven't been able to do any of it lately." The grey path they were following came out at a bigger one. (Y/n) looked left and right before crossing the road. "See that house? That is where I live. The funny thing is, my grandparents live in the house in front of mine, and my cousins nextdoor. This is basically the (last name) street." Varian laughed. "That's cool. My family lives pretty far away..." He thought of his dad. How would he be doing? "I'm sure you'll be able to see them soon." (Y/n) said, but he heard in her voice she knew he wouldn't, though it would be for other reasons than she thought. At that moment, an oddly shaped, metal thing rushed by. Varian had already seen some standing around, but since they looked so heavy, he never thought they'd be so fast. He jumped a foot in the air and a short scream escaped his mouth, making (Y/n) laugh. "What in Corona was that?" He said, placing a hand on his racing heart. "Just a car, silly. My dad's back from work." (Y/n) said as she guestured to the house she told him she lived. The car had stopped in front of the door and a man stepped out of it. They started running to reach him and gave him the leash. "I'm done with (D/n)'s walk, but Varian here lost his pet. I'll fully explain when I get back, 'cause I'm helping him look. I have my phone with me and I'll be careful." Before her father could protest, she turned and started looking for Ruddiger. "What kind of pet is it, actually? A dog, or a cat, or something?" She asked him. "It's a raccoon. He kept on sneaking into my lab at home, so I adopted him. He's pretty clever actually. While I'm doing my experiments, he makes me hot chocolate." (Y/n) squealed. "Oh my god! Raccoons are so cute, but that is absolutely adorable. I once saw a video of a raccoon and when he was called, he just made a ball of himself and rolled towards the people (video above). I love raccoons." She thought for a second. "Maybe I know where he went. The other side of a neighborhood houses the bigger families, and they have more leftovers. It's also closer to the forest. If he follows his instincts, that would be the perfect spot for him, since there is a brook going through." Varian nodded. "Yeah, let's check there." On their way to the forest, Varian noticed how big the neighborhood actually was. It seemed a lot closer when they went to (Y/n)'s house. "I like the blue in your hair." (Y/n) suddenly said, making Varian blush a little. "Really? Thanks." He gave her a small smile, wich she returned.

When they reached the forest, and (Y/n) seemed uncomfortable. "Is there something wrong?" Varian asked her. "Well, it depends. When I'm here, I always feel odd. Like I'm either not supposed to be there or like something's waiting for me in there. And it's only if I use this entrance specifically. But I've never seen or heard something there." She explained, slightly shaking. "Hey, it's going to be fine. And Ruddiger can't be that far ahead of us, so we won't be there for long." He reassured her. "I know. I just wish I knew why I have that feeling." (Y/n) pulled her hair out of her (color) hoodie, revealing purple ends. "The ends of your hair. They're purple." Varian said surprised. "Yeah. I was born with it, but people always think I'm lying if I tell them, and they started bullying me for it in school, so I hide it as good and as bad as I can." "You shouldn't. It looks really good." "Thanks. Now, let's go look for Ruddiger."

They found him after a little less than an hour, washing an apple in the brook. "Hey buddy, you had me worried. I didn't think we'd find you. Never run of like that again, will ya?" Varian said picking the raccoon up and placing him over his shoulder. He turned to call (Y/n) to tell her he had found him, and saw her leaning over the brook, like she tried to watch something just out of sight. Underneath her were some thorny bushes. "(Y/n), watch out!" He tried to warn her, but she slipped already. Varian jumped towards her and caught her. He pulled her close to his chest. "You okay?" He asked. "Yeah. Thank you. That would've been an ugly wound if you hadn't caught me." "It's nothing." He chuckled. When he realised how close she was, he quickly let go of her. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to, er, you, you know." He stuttered, making (Y/n) giggle. "No problem. You do know you look really cute like that, right." Varian blushed. "I-I, uhh." He got cut of when (Y/n) placed a soft kiss on his cheek. "Thanks again, Varian. I'll see you around." She said and went home. Varian placed his hand over his cheek in disbelief. "Yeah... I'll see you around."