Chapter 40

TRIGGER WARNING...
DO I EVEN NEED TO AT THIS POINT?
___

"When I die, fuck it,
I wanna go to hell.
Cause I'm a piece of shit,
It ain't hard to fucking tell."

***

CHRISTINA'S POV:

I push the door of the old house open slowly. When I hear gut wrenching sounds coming from nearby, my hand instinctively wraps around the gun in my waistband.

I know I was supposed to expect the unexpected but the last thing on Earth I'd expect would be to hear a guy mourning over something in this psychopath's house. His sound is muffled and I can hear him yell out a bunch of profanities as I push the door more to open it wide. To my dismay, the damn door makes a loud creak.

Damn, how old is this house?

Whoever it is, clearly heard the door and their loud cries turn into small sniffles. I slowly start to walk towards what looks to be the kitchen where the sound is coming from.

I'm well aware of how loud my heart is thumping but I can't even thinking of backing out. First Liz disappearing and now Niall. I have to find the two. No help or anything, all on my own.

I took enough time to plan it all out. But better late then never I guess. Even though I prepared myself to face the absolute worse; the worst being finding out that Niall is dead.

But nothing could ever prepare me to adjust to the sight that I see in front of my sinful eyes.

The first thing my gaze falls onto is a guy sitting on the floor with his back towards me, leaning towards the kitchen counter. My hand is still hovering over the gun which remains placed in my waistband. When he turns his head back to look at me, his green colored eyes which are bloodshot from how bad he has been crying meet my confused ones.

Harry, is it?

It's when I look around to take in the scene in front of me. My eyes widen at the sight of the blood that covers a large part of the kitchen floor. The blood surrounds him and I'm amazed by the amount of it. It looks like someone was bloody murdered here.

My breath hitches as my eyes catch onto the legs of another person, their upper half is not visible to me as Harry is holding them in his arms and they are partly in his lap. My eyebrows are furrowed when I look back at his face, his eyes are still staring deep into my soul as tears keep flowing from his eyes. I take a few steps to get closer, but I still keep a small distance in case he tries to make a move.

"H-Harry? What the fuck is this?" I ask him as if I've known him my whole life and he is not just the psychopath I'm here to kill. But I'm a human and I'm gonna ask anyone who can give me a clear answer to one of the million questions which are occurring in my mind right now.

He doesn't say anything but he just moves a bit so that I can get a clear view of the person he is holding in his arms.

I swear it feels like someone just pushed the pause button and the whole world stops as I stop breathing subconsciously. It all seems to happen in a slow motion.

When I get a clear view of the person laying in his arms, their face is covered in blood just like their whole body. They are almost unrecognizable but who the hell am I kidding? I grew up with her. I have known her better than I have known myself. Her eyes are still open and they are screaming her identity. Her beautiful ocean eyes.. Elizabeth's now lifeless eyes.