2

LEXIE POV

"Kevin, you really are the worst brother ever. You embarrassed me in front of a really handsome guy, who just so fortuitously had to be your friend," I rambled.

"Lex...it's ok haha. I'm sure he will look back on it and laugh," Kevin said, falling back on Lexie's bed, eating maple cream cookies.

"Kev! Stop it! I embarrassed myself again - because of you! I will never get a boyfriend at this rate,"

"You wouldn't get one anyway, even if I weren't your brother,"

"YAH. Stop! Stop making fun of me...I don't see you with a girlfriend, do I?"

Kevin grew silent. "That's only because our company doesn't allow us to, and I don't have the time, and-"

"Sounds like excuses to me,"

"AUNTYYY!!" Kevin screamed, running out of the room.

"WHy, you little-"

It's kind of embarrassing - but Kevin and I still lived with our aunt. Our parents are still in Vancouver with our older sister, who is a translator. Our parents treated us equally - however this was a different story for our aunt. She clearly favoured Kevin and she had no intention of not showing it. I've confronted her about it many times, but she assures me that she loves us both the same...I'm convinced it's because Kevin and our sister Anna were accomplished and independent, with jobs and financial stability - yet Kevin still lives with us. He says this is because he wants to get away from the rest of the boyz when they're loud and boisterous - but we all know that it's because he wants to protect his baby sister - and because aunty's cooking is out of this world.

"Stop it you two," She said.

"It's not my fault. Kevin embarrassed me publicly and has no remorse what so ever!"

"Lexie, don't exaggerate. I'm sure that he didn't mean it,"

"UGhh, for once, can you stop treating me like the ugly duckling? And Kevin is a 23 year old man, yet he's crawling to you when something goes wrong!"

"You are ungrateful, lazy, unaccomplished. Come to me when you've achieved something in life,"

To say that i was angry was an understatement. I needed to blow off some steam - so I went to the park to walk around. When I arrived, I noticed a boy that looked a bit like...Chanhee?

He was jogging and wearing a tank top and shorts - I couldn't help but stare at him while he dripped in sweat.

"You really are a byuntae, aren't you?" A voice interrupted, bringing me back to reality.

"What?..no, i wasn't...I mean...I'm just walking around, got a problem?"

"Yeah right, i know you came here to see me," He smirked.

"Ugh, don't be so pretentious! How on earth would I know that you're here at this exact time?"

"That is true, but you could have asked Kevin. I put it in the group chat that i'd be going out for a run at the park,"

"Whatever. i'm not infatuated with you. If you must know, Kevin and I aren't exactly on good terms right now," I said, taking a seat on a nearby bench.

Chanhee chuckled. "Honestly, it's fine...it was an accident, and I know that brothers can be-"

"It's not because of that," I said.

Chanhee's smirk softened. "Then what is it?" He asked.

"Why would I tell you?"

"Well...it's not like you've got anybody else, is it?"

"YaH. For your information, I have lots of friends - they're just all back home,"

Chanhee chuckled. "So you don't have any here, then?"

"I guess you could say that," I said, laughing at myself.

"Well, I will offer to be your fake friend until you actually do have one,"

"Wow...how generous," I scoffed.

"I know, right? Do you know how lucky you are right now? Many girls would kill to be sat next to Choi Chanhee. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity,"

"What, sitting on a bench? I'm afraid it's not,"

"Whatever...i know you like me, Moon,"

"What? You're actually clinically insane. I met you yesterday - and you're so not my type, Choi,"

"Hmm..we will see about that - so now that i'm your 'friend' you can tell me what happened, right?" He said, using quotation fingers when he said 'friend'.

"I mean, if you're that desperate to get to know me.."

"Don't be so pretentious!" he mocked. "I'm just having a break - i'd rather be talking to someone than staring into space.. even if it is you,"