××TWELVE××

TWELVE

Days passes by like a blur, Jungkook felt too much confusion as to why have Shin Ji been acting odd around him.

It was during Monday when Hoseok called BTS so as Shin Ji and few girls from her class to join his dance troupe. Hoseok needs people who are willing to sacrifice their time and energy to win a charity award for the children in orphanages. Luckily, Hoseok is gifted six kindhearted friends who're always there for him.

But the main point of Jungkook's confusion wasn't because of Hoseok or the dance. It was because of his best friend. Shin Ji.

Apparently, Jungkook wasn't partnered to Shin Ji because the pairings are done by Hoseok, who thought it's better that Taehyung and Shin Ji should be paired. But since Taehyung has cold and couldn't attend most of the practices Jungkook was told to teach Shin Ji since the said girl isn't good at catching up with the steps.

"I can do this..." Shin Ji insist, trying to memorize the movements.

Jungkook grunted for the nth time of the practice. "Why wouldn't you just let me teach you? You're obviously having troubles with the steps."

"You need a partner in order to do those, it's supposed to be the guy guiding you." Jungkook added as he was still being ignored by the said girl.

"Your partner's just sitting there," Shin Ji huffed pointing at Jungkook's partner. "Why don't you go practice with her?"

Jungkook scoffed at Shin Ji and started scolding her, "Tsk. She's a dancer, the reason she's resting is because she already knows the steps. Now don't be a brat and let me help you because Taehyung will mess up too if you wouldn't able to get it right."

After Jungkook's final stance, Shin Ji's mouth was shut and they did practice but in an awfully awkward peace.

It was a slow and sweet dance, yet with Shin Ji and Jungkook dancing it was stiff and distant, as if the two weren't two close friends. They look uncomfortable with each other oblivious to one another but obvious to everyone that they are trying to look practicing professionals but the stern postures and space between them showing the other way. They won't even hold hands which is the fundamental step of all the steps they should follow.

"And stop..." Jungkook announced and halted his movements. He panted hard, wiping his sweats and moving further from Shin Ji. "Try practicing with Jimin hyung."

Although he gave a small smile as he gestured her to go to his hyung, it kills him inside. Not being paired with the girl he love is already torture, seeing her in someone else's arms is painful, but not being able to hold her the way you should even in just a dance is too rueful. He wonder why she could dance with Jimin without any problems, she could even laugh and hold hands with the guy, but not him. Weren't he Shin Ji's best friend?

"Okay everyone, let's wrap up." Hoseok commands making everyone roar in delight. "We did a good practice today, let's do our best tomorrow, too!"

Everyone giggled and approved to Hoseok's remark. Not long enough, everyone had finished packing their belongings and one by one biding Hoseok and the people left behind a goodbye. But as for Jungkook, he waited for everyone to leave first before trying to catch up to one particular person.

"Shin Ji!" He walk briskly towards her, "Wait up! Can I talk to you?"

And he don't know if it was on purpose or not, but the moment he took Shin Ji's hand, she shook it away from his grasp and took her phone in her hand bag as if checking for replies. This mere action had thousands of nidles piercing through Jungkook's heart. Although he knew it was inevitable to feel this way when Shin Ji has all the rights and control to what she wants to do with her body, the thought that Shin Ji had been avoiding any close skinships with him drove him nuts.

Did he do something wrong?

Are his palms sweaty?

Does he smell bad?

Why? Just why would she try making him feel more unwanted than he already had felt.

Too busy with her phone, Shin Ji finally glanced at Jungkook. "Sorry, what were you about to say?" she asked.

"Are you going home? Let me lend you a ride." isn't what he's supposed to say, but to cover up his sadness he have to make an excuse.

"Kookie, I'm sorry but you should go home, Sooyun and Jihye is asking me to head to their apartment for a girls night out." Shin Ji gave a subtle pat on his shoulder and ran off without waiting for his reply.

Despite being a small gesture. All day, Jungkook felt rejected.

No matter how small or big, to every person who couldn't be loved back by the person they most expect from, being avoided is the most painful thing their love ones could do to them because the only thing they hold on to is the closeness they have with them... Taking away those small skinships kills them inside – knowing that the person they love is bit by bit moving further away and out of their reach.