Chapter Five

"I'm home." I greeted once I placed my shoes on the rack, immediately going to my bathroom. I received no response from Papa allowing me to assume that he's still working with Endeavor-san.

I send my prayer to you, Papa.

Ya see, Papa is Endeavor-san's allies. And it was obvious that Papa's the healer of the two while the other just attacks. Papa says that despite Endeavor's hot-bloodedness, he means well. He just doesn't know how to act on it. And I'm willing to believe that if Papa's the one saying it to me.

I continued on with my bath routine and once I was done, I headed straight into the kitchen. As expected, he already left some dinner for me. And as expected, it's homemade pork ramen.

I love it.

It's not like I always depend on him for food, I can actually cook. He probably just didn't want to have me burn down the house—although I really wouldn't.

While I was loudly slurping my ramen, I was thinking of how I'm gonna say that I met my soulmate to my father.

"I'm home." Speak of the devil. Wait, is it even right to call my father Devil when he has an angel quirk?

"Hey Papa. I'm confident with my exam and I met the unlucky bastard on the exam." Well that's one way of saying it, straight to the point.

He raised a brow at my nonchalant expression. "I expected you'd be more excited that you finally met the bastard but somethin' tells me that ain't the case 'ere." Well, he's right.

"I guess I just dunno how to react on that. Besides, he's got a fine temper. Almost blasted me back ta' heaven." Lying to Papa is just pointless, you may as well call him a genius or mind reader. And teaching me how to read and manipulate people, I don't really think that's a good idea for a parent. I don't really lie but when I do, they won't even notice anything wrong.

"Whaddya even expect your soulmate to be?" I pondered over that and said...

"I don't know. Never really needed ta' think about it. I think it's useless to try to imagine what your soulmate could be, I mean, you'll still be stuck around them, right? No need to fantasize about somethin' that could or couldn't happen." I mean it, better not to expect than to be disappointed, right?

"Whatever you say, kiddo. But at least give 'im a chance, aye?" He asked whereas I just sighed and nodded. "A'ight."

Man, accent is covering the house from first ta' second floor. I'm still wonderin' if we could ever talk without 'em accent. Who knows, there might be some people dumb enough to not know what we talkin' about.

"One last question kiddo."

"Shoot, Old man."

"Where's my ramen?"

*TIME SKIP*

After having been forced to make pork ramen for him because apparently, I thought it was supposed to be mine, I lazily plopped on my bed, wincing as my right wing hit my drawer beside the bed and knocking off a lamp.

After placing it back, I once again plopped on the bed, this time, gentler. Just then, my phone rang out causing my wings to jerk straight up. I picked up the damned device to see who was calling.

"Hey there Tenshi." Ahh yes, Kaminari.

"Hey Pikachu." I heard him chuckle at the other side of the line as he heard the nickname.

"Damn, nicknames already? You're moving too fast, Angel." I just laughed and went on with this, actually not minding it. "It's only been three hours since I gave you my number, eager much?" I teased, hearing him laugh at the end.

"Maybe, maybe not. Anyway, I called to tell you something." He said. I decided to play a little, seeing as he doesn't really sound urgent. "Oh no, it's too early to catch some feelings for this lovely angel, Pikachu. I'm sorry."

"Oof, there goes my chance but no. You think we'll pass? I'm sure you will but do you think I will?" Ahh, little insecurities, I see. "Not gonna lie, but you looked pretty lame to me when I first saw you." He just laughed sarcastically whereas I snickered. Just some good ol banter.

"But jokes aside, I'm sure you'll pass Pika. I have a feeling you did quite well holding yourself back there." As I said that, I could literally hear him smile. "Thanks, Angel." I guess that's what he really needed to hear right now. Reassurance.

"Although you and I know that you'll pass, I'm still gonna say it. Just to make it cheesy, hehe." I rolled my eyes at his behavior, finding it amusing. "You'll pass too Angel, I'm sure of it."

"A'ight Pika, we talked long enough. I got too many feathers to clean before I sleep in my cloud."

"Yeah yeah, talk to you soon angel."

"Byeeeee."

And with that, we ended the call. It's nice having a friendly chat after a rough day. It really takes your mind off of things.

True to my word, I started cleaning each and every bristle of every feather in my wings, even going as far as to comb the fluffy parts just to make it as decent as possible.

Alright, now that I'm having my alone time, I need to think what the hell just happened today.

Okay okay, recap time, bitch. So I met this nice cute girl whose name definitely suits her, Raka-chan, who just met her broccoli of a soulmate who looked like he was about to faint when he first saw her and then I met Pikachu who I gave my number to and finally the last one. My fuckin' soulmate who almost sent me to heaven himself. Never would of thought that I'd get an angry Pomeranian for a soulmate. Hey not that I'm complainin' at least life won't be so boring anymore now that I know my soulmate isn't going to be an easy one. But just so you know, I won't be easy either. Between the two of us, we'll be battling with our attitude as a sword and pride as a shield. And damn, it'll be a helluva bloody battle.

______________________________________

cutie_booseoksoon30