III

"What the hell?!"

10:46 am
the place Iwaizumi would die rather than be

Iwaizumi glared into Oikawa's eyes with nothing but disgust. He knew he shouldn't have trusted a stranger that he had just met at a random bus stop. That was just common sense. Who in their right mind wouldn't something absurd as that? This was exactly why he kept to himself.

Just like a day at the beach. Why stay out in the sun? Expose your self to everyone else? Show them who you are and let them evaluate you. Rank you based on your appearance rather than your personality. That's how everyone was. Instead of deciding to be so out there, you could stay in the shade. A place of your own where you could get lost in your thoughts. Safe. That's how he preferred to stay. But, being in a strangers home wasn't safe. Speaking of said stranger...

  The 'kidnapper' wore a drowsy yet cheerful expression. If only he was skilled in waking up in such a pleasant manner. Iwaizumi was used to waking up feeling like crap. His bed wasn't exactly the softest and his neighbors were obnoxiously loud. So much for appreciating the quiet, huh? Oikawa carried a paper bag in his hand which gave off a sweet aroma. Chocolate? Most likely a muffin. He was skilled in guessing food items. He watched Oikawa's movements carefully, making sure he wouldn't get any funny ideas.

"I bought muffins!" Iwaizumi stared at him in disbelief.

"You take me to your house in god-knows-where, give me this stupid hoodie, then put me in your bed?" He jumped off the bed, walking towards the now clearly taller man. "And you think buying muffins is the logical thing to do right now?!"

Oikawa frowned a clearly sarcastic frown. "Ahh, so mean! I was just getting you breakfast! You can go if you want. I left your clothes in the living room to dry since they were soaked. Your phone is in the hoodie. Oh! And, keep it. I wouldn't want to wear it after someone as rude as you wore it!"

What was creepy about the way he spoke was that you could hear the stupid smirk in his voice. A voice that hypnotized him. One that sucked in its listeners. That's what he hated about this guy. He was unbelievably manipulative and a pain in the ass. But he know he had to leave. He had work today after all.

  HE HAD WORK TODAY!

  Iwaizumi jumped up and ran out of the room, pushing Oikawa away in the process. He heard a yelp come from the room as he did so. The man laughed to himself. Serves him right. He would grab an extra apron from the back of the café as he had no time to change. All he knew was that he was definitely late. Last night he was on auto-pilot and completely forgot to return his apron.

Iwaizumi sprinted down the hall, stumbled down the stairs, and grabbed his clothes from where he assumed was the living room. He slipped on his sneakers, without trying them, and rushed out the door, off to start his journey to the café from a house he didn't know the location of. Pulling out his phone for a GPS, he was off. What would happen later was something he would never expect.

11:02 am
café

  Iwaizumi opened the doors to the café. At that moment everyone stopped speaking. All eyes were on him. From the employees to the customers. Nobody looked away. They watched his every movement. Like prison guards, making sure he doesn't do anything foolish. The only noise was the low buzz of the radio. Usually, he'd like the silence, but this wasn't the quiet he liked. He didn't want attention. Was it his hair? Was it the hoodie? What was he doing wrong?

  Gradually the few visitors of the café resumed their conversations, but they were mumbling to each other. Talking about Iwaizumi. What has he done wrong? He heard someone clear their throat in a way to obviously get someone's attention. He turned towards the sound. A man with pinkish hair was waving him over. As soon as they grabbed his attention, they turned into the backroom, awaiting his arrival.

  He followed into the area. He felt his heart nearly jump out of his chest with every step he took. Am I being fired? It beat in a rhythmic pattern. Like a song. If you listened close enough into one, you could hear what kept the song together. What made a song a song. He was worried that his heartbeat was loud enough to be heard in the quiet space. Like the walls were closing in on him-

  "Iwaizumi, calm the hell down!"

He felt strong hands on his shoulders, shaking him out of his trance. He calmed his breathing, though it was still pretty quick. Matsukawa looked him straight in the eyes while Hanamaki held his phone in his hands, looking down at it.

"Come look at this." As Matsukawa said that, he lowered his arms and moved so that he stood by the pink-haired man's side. He cautiously trailed behind, nervous that this was a setup and someone would jump out and attack him. He had to admit, this was a situation he'd never expect himself to be in, but here he was. In the back of his beloved café, ready to see what all the fuss was about. And he'd never forget what he saw on the phone. It engraved into his brain like a tattoo onto someone's skin.

  It was him. In a car with alien boy. He was fast asleep. Dozing off in the backseat of a car. To the right of him, Oikawa sat holding up a peace sign with his signature grin. The sky lit up behind the two. The photo had the caption 'new friend' underneath it.

  "Hajime.."

  "No..."

burp