39 ~ Breakdowns

By the time Silver and the others had gotten to the Great Hall for the last evening  of term, the Great Hall was already full. It was decorated in the Scarlet and gold to celebrate the Gryffindor's winning the house cup. A huge banner showing the Gryffindor lion covered the wall behind the High Table.

"Another year gone!" Dumbledore said cheerfully as he approached the stand making the hall fall silent. "And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were... you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts. Before we feast, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and twelve points; in third, Ravenclaw, with three hundred and fifty-two; Slytherin has four hundred and twenty-six and of course that means Gryffindor wins with four hundred and seventy-two."

Someone standing outside the Great Hall might well have thought some sort of explosion had taken place, so loud was the noise that erupted from the Gryffindor table. But the applause were short lived once the O.W.Ls results were handed out. Silver, Remus and Lily of course passed all their classes receiving outstandings in them all. James got outstanding in transfiguration, defence against the dark arts and charms whilst having exceeding expectations and acceptable for the others, overall passing all of his classes. Thanks to the others last minute help. Peter passed his classes barely getting acceptable. Hunter and Tyler of course didn't sit any exams but joined in with the celebrations of everyone else.

At the end of the feast, The marauders made their way up to the dormitory to finish packing ready to leave early tomorrow morning. On the way up, Severus stopped Silver and pulled her to the side to talk to her, "What do you want Snivellus? I told you, I don't want to talk to you or Sirius, whether we're going to be at home together tomorrow or not!" Her voice was cold and icy. Severus looked down at the ground, his face clouded with sadness. "Silver, please. Mother isn't going to be happy that you're in Gryffindor and because of your disappearing act at Christmas, she hasn't seen you all year. You don't have to forgive me but please let me protect you at home." Silver nodded slowly before turning on her heels and joining the others in the common room.

"Good morning, Love." Hunter smiled upon seeing Silvers eyes flutter open the following morning. The Veela smiled back and sat up in his bed, "Good morning, Hunter." Tyler was sitting on his trunk, attempting to shut the clasps. Silver giggled and climbed out of bed, "You've been here just over a week, why did you bring so many clothes?" Tyler shrugged his shoulders concentrating on shutting the case. Silver rolled her eyes and flicked her hand at the trunk making it slam and clasp shut. Tyler smiled weakly to Silver and thanked her, she smiled back and kissed Hunter on the cheek. "I'm going to get my stuff from my dorm, I'll see you in the common room." Hunter nodded and waved her off.

Silver wandered down the girls dormitory corridor until she found her path blocked by a shirtless, black haired boy making out with a long haired brunette. She tried to squeeze past the pair but rolled her eyes upon seeing who it was. "Hello there Princess, excited to be going home are we?" Silver shoved Sirius out of her way, ignoring his comment and continuing her journey to her dorm. She smiled when seeing Ivy sprawled on the floor, the contents of her wardrobe on top of her. Tillie was looking down at her disapprovingly, a grimace spread across her face. "Silver, help meeeeee!" Ivy whined when seeing the girl enter the room. Silver giggled and waved her hand over the clothes, folding them perfectly and placing them neatly inside of her trunk. "I love you." She smiled up at her, Silver rolled her eyes and walked over to her bed sitting down on it and peering around the room. 

Sirius pushed open the door and smiled at the three girls inside, Tillie squealed and jumped up and ran over to him. "Alright, Princess?" He whispered in her ear. Instantly, Ivy and Silver bursted out into obnoxiously loud laughs, "A recycled nickname, really Black?" Ivy mocked as she wiped away a tear of laughter from her cheek. Tillie snapped her head around and scowled at the girl. "We'll he chose me, so clearly it means more when he says it now." Silver chuckled and stood up, "Yeah clearly, because he definitely wasn't just making out with Jessica Murdock in the corridor outside." Tillie glanced quickly at Sirius, who's cocky grin had faded. "Just because pretty, little Silver doesn't get everything she wants, doesn't mean I shouldn't!" Ivy and Silver exchanged puzzled looks, Ivy turned to Tillie with a bored look on her face. "What the hell are you talking about you psychopath?"