HOLDING ON TO HOPE.

hope is the the thing with feathers that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all.

STEFANIE SCOTT

STEFANIE SCOTT.... Jaylyn 'JJ' Dixon

 Jaylyn 'JJ' Dixon

ASA GERMANN.... Elijah 'Eli' Monroe

⸻ ☾ ⸻

Losing sight of someone and not knowing whether or not they were gone hurt more than knowing that they were. When you know they're gone, the grieving period sets in immediately. Whether you know it or not, acknowledging their death is the first step of moving on, even though you never truly do so. But when you don't know if that person is dead or alive out there, when you don't know if they're searching for you too, you don't get to grieve. You hold onto the slightest bit of hope that might end up in utter disappointment, and then; the pain hits you ten times harder.

Imagining living a life without her brothers had always been a fear of Jaylyn Dixons, and after being separated from them it didn't take her long to realize; it was even harder to live one. She had amused herself with comics about the apocalypse growing up to escape the chaos from the home she lived in, and in her eyes; the end of the world was nuclear destruction, astroids, the San Andreas fault, or the Yellowstone volcano eruption— not friggin' decaying Jeffrey Dahmers running around the place.

The world had grown into a dark scary place, more so than it already was. As Jaylyn watched the people she loved fall like dominos, she struggled with holding on to hope, but Jaylyn Dixon was a survivor, a stubborn one at that, and she'd be dammed if she let the end of the world be the end of her story.

⸻ ☾ ⸻

ALSO FEATURING

Dylan O'Brien.... ALEX MOORE
Kevin Alvez.... LUCAS NEVEZ
Pedro Pascal.... SANTIAGO DELGADO
Charlie Hunnam.... COOPER MCKINNEY
Giancarlo Esposito.... OSCAR EDGAR
Courtney Eaton.... WINNIE SINCLAIR
Olivia Scott Welch.... RILEY SHEPHERD
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.... CHARLIE OLSEN

⸻ ☾ ⸻

AUTHORS NOTE, WARNINGS & DISCLAIMERS.

Ahh! Slightly revamped version! I am so so so excited to write Jaylyn and her relationship with everyone. BUT, I do want to make known she obviously is a Dixon ( Daryl and Merle's little sister! ) so she has a lot of the same tendencies as Daryl because he practically raised her. However, when it comes to Merle, Jaylyn loves him, BUT she disagrees with a lot of his choices and actions in general & she WILL call him out for his shit. This story contains sensitive topics such as substance abuse, physical and mental abuse, suicide and depression. If you are here then you also will know it will include lots of death, blood, cursing, and intimate scenes.

I do not own The Walking Dead or any of it's original characters or plot lines.

The beautiful cover of this story was made by the talented ashton !