Max's Secret

This Short Story is a continuation of AAMTBS/Adventures Are Meant To Be Shared.  This is for an SAMTBK contest. Enjoy!

Max's P.O.V.

"Hey, Claire..."

"Yes?"

"Umm... I've had this secret for a while... and I think I should tell you it now..."

"It's okay if you have a secret, just as long as you know what to do with it."

After Claire said that something just came over me and without even thinking I kissed her. I was blushing like crazy. But I somehow knew just what to say.

"Claire, my secret is... that I... like you more than just a friend. You are kind, smart, caring, brave, but most of all... you're Claire. I then got down on one knee and held open a box with a necklace with the Neolian symbol on it.

"Claire Neol, will you be my girlfriend?"

Claire's P.O.V.

I watched as Max got down on one knee. He held open a box that held a necklace with the Neolian symbol on it.

"Claire Neol, will you be my girlfriend?" Wait a sec...

"What's a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Right... Umm... Like Larry and Jersey! We'd go out and do stuff together... It's just a romantic kind of relationship basically." I could tell Max was struggling to explain, but I think I understood what he meant.

"Sure!" I answered.

"Yay!" Max exclaimed. He put the necklace around my neck.

"It... Umm... really brings out your eyes." Max complemented.

"Thanks," I replied. We then watched the Neolian sunset holding hands.