Gemini

"I don't wanna see, you with nobody else but me

You went from messy to classy

You went from dirty to polished

You went from average to livin'

Just say the word and you got it

I decided you, trusted, comfort you

Make me wanna give anyone up for you

I don't wanna see you with nobody else but me"

Hummed through the sound system of her car as she cruised through the morning streets of downtown Miami. She was on her way back to her condo after her early morning workout, it was around 7am. It's always the same with Jade, she is all about staying on top of all aspects of her life. Once her mind is set there's no going back.

Making it back to her building she parked downstairs taking the elevator up to the 48th floor. Unlocking her apartment, Saint her year old blue nose pit was waiting for her with all the energy in the world. She loved him up for a minute before preparing his meal and getting on with the rest of her morning routine

Jade was going to be a junior at Tampa University this coming fall, it was early June and Jade had finished up with her sophomore year almost a month ago. She wasn't from Miami, but never traveled back home because she had a lease and her family was very.. toxic to say the least. Jade worked her entire high school career, at first it was just a way to stay away from home but when she saw how much money she could actually make that's all she did. Jade began to throw herself into work to avoid reality, only focusing on school and work. She earned a full scholarship to her school by playing volleyball and had enough money to start her off in her condo and her BMW.

Hopping out the shower Jade began her regular routine to get ready for work at The Capital Grille, a high end restaurant not to far from her condo

Hopping out the shower Jade began her regular routine to get ready for work at The Capital Grille, a high end restaurant not to far from her condo. She had to be in at 9:30, and she always made sure to look presentable as possible even though she was a waitress. Her being cute helped her make some bomb ass tips low key. Jade did her hair and makeup, then got dressed. Grabbing her purse she was going to be on the clock until 6pm tonight.

Walking in to work she immediately clocked in, grabbing her apron and saying hi to a few coworkers. Jade began waiting tables and her day was going pretty good. Business was booming, she had just finished putting in another order for a table of older women when Brianna her manager called her over.

"Hey can you handle a private table for me? I couldn't think of anyone more capable so pleaseee" Brianna dragged out

Jade was a really hard worker so anything important they would always want her to handle. She didn't mind as a lot of the time these private dinners came with a huge bonus as lots of celebrities booked quieter rooms. She was able to keep her composure and make her few extra coins at the same time.

"Of course, I just need someone to take over my 5 tables"

"That's alsready done let me escort you to the back"

Brianna lead me to the first private room there was man with braids dining with a little girl who was no more than 3. This was the cutest thing she had ever seen and she loved kids so this was going to be worth it. Brianna brought her up to the table, finally getting a look at the man who was before facing away from her she almost started fan girling. ALMOST.

 ALMOST

"Mr. East this is Jade she is one of our most trusted and highly requested waitresses here at The Capital Grille and she will be taking care of you and this little one tonight" Brianna said

"Wassup lil mama, nice to meet you" He said holding his hand out

I accepted his hand shaking it breifly "you as well" I replied before bending down to the girl "and who is this?" I asked. As she giggled her little heart out. My heart melted.

"This is my daughter Kairi, she's two" He explained

"Hey pretty girl" I said to her cooing, as she smiled

I didn't notice that Brianna had left so I grabbed my tray and began to ask for their orders, taking them to be prepared. 20 minutes later I was on my way back to the private room.

"So what makes you such a trusted waitress?" I heard him ask

I chuckled "I guess I'm just good at my job"

"Yeah aii, you from miami?" he continued to interrogate me

" Are you?" I challenged, squinting at him

"ouuu she feisty K" he laughed as he leaned across the table towards Kairi

I couldn't help but smile at their interaction.

"If you must know Im from Atlanta, but I go to school here" I continued

"But its summer break, why you not home?" He asked genuinely curious, he was trying to figure her out

" That's a story for another time" She said before she got back to business asking if they'd like anything else.

Dave ordered a dessert for him and Kairi. After finishing up Jade went to grab the check, he payed leaving her a generous tip. He was getting Kairi ready to leave when he spoke again

"About that story, if you give me ya number maybe I could hear it one day" He bit his lip

She was thrown off by this. I mean this is Dave East a fucking sex symbol, plenty bitches want him why would he be interested in even talking to her.

"Why would you want to hear that?" she asked. What did he want from her?

"It don't hurt to make friends ma, I just fuck with ya vibe. It's cool if you not with it. Thanks for today"

He had picked Kairi up and was ready to walk out.

"770-378-8764" Jade spit out

He looked at her, licking his lips. He took his phone out as she repeated the number once more before they said their goodbyes.

________________________

Jade had just got back into her apartment after a long shift at work. She sat on the floor playing with Saint while contemplating her next move. Was she going to cook or order in? Jade had a few friends at school, but none Florida natives so she mostly stuck to herself. She got up from the floor feeding Saint and going to shower. She hit up her connect before hopping in, her stash was getting low. She was getting dressed when she heard her phone ding assuming it was her plug ready to meet up, but to her surprise it wasn't...

347-249-0679

Wassup mama

Followed by another..

347-249-0679

It's Dave