Chapter 1

M A V E N

"Guys it's too boring!"- Kiana whine breaking the dead silence here in the clubroom. I must agree with her because all through out the day wala man lang kumatok para humingi ng tulong namin.

We are all inside our clubroom this afternoon. Detective Club, that is the name of our club cliché it may sound pero wala eh. So mainly ang ginagawa namin dito ay ang magsolve ng case inside our school, crazy as it may seems but cases really happens inside the university and we are tasked to solve it for the school police.

I sigh. Kahit siguro kaso ng nawawalang chalk papatulan ko na dahil sa boredom.

"Why don't you go back to the drama club then?"- I suggest and she glare at me.

You see Kiana Alvaran is a former drama club member pero dahil sa pagkahumaling niya kay Zeus, our clubroom president, she decided to quit and join our club which our cassanova-wanna-be president eagerly approved.

"Bakit hindi na lang kaya magpakidnap ka tapos hindi ka namin hanapin?"- she retorted but she's shocked when Zeus, whose beside her, close his book aloud.

"That's not a good joke, Kia" Loki said as he looked at Kia, I just rolled my eyes because clearly they will soon flirt again. Jeez get a room. Oh, right they are inside a room. I might as well get lost. Bakit kasi kami lang ang nandito, where is Riley when you needed him?

Unfortunately, he is not here and that fact add to my boredom. He said said that he has some business in Manila for three days and today he will come back.

Tumayo na lang ako para umalis.

"I'll just go get something to drink"- sabi ko bago lumabas and I almost hear Kiana mumbling some sarcasm remarks. Tss akala mo naman napakagwapo ni Zeus.

Nang makalabas ako at pababa na ng hagdan I bump to a girl and she almost stumble. Luckily I held her hand.

"T-thank you"- sabi nito habang nakayuko at inaayos ang salamin niya.

"No problem. Just be careful next time"- I said and I was about to walk pass by her

"You're Miss Maven Alfaro right? From the Detective Club?"- sabi nito

"Yes. Can I help you with something?"- I ask looking over my shoulder.

"A-ah n-natanong k-ko lang"- sabi niya and I shrugged.

I walk towards the vending machine and slip some coins. I pressed the canned coffee and was about to grab it when suddenly I felt a stinging pain in my nape. Then suddenly, everything went black.